I don't WANNA write a !@#$%&?! Newsletter Article!

Yep. That about sums it up. It was better with the rant attached, but you get the picture.

Short, sweet, and to the point.

Kind of like a newsletter article. Or not.

What kind of newsletter article?

For Church? For Teemings?

auntie em, I so feel your pain. A coworker asked me if I’d mind editing the newsletter for her RandomWorkRelatedDorkClub[sup]TM[/sup]. I refused. She asked again a bit later a few times and then practically begged me. Editing is my gig, so I felt kind of petty refusing to do this for her–she said it was only four times a year and wasn’t a big deal at all, blah, blah, blah… I relented. Come to find out she expects me to not simply review/proofread her “little newsletter”, she expects me to produce it whole from scraps and bits she forked over in a tattered folder. Gah! How do I get myself into these things?! As far as that goes, how did you? :slight_smile:

bella–sucker extraordinaire

Well, bella, she might change her mind when you present her with your list of charges.

If it’s any consolation, none of us read that stupid newsletter anyway.

I certainly hope you aren’t talking about Teemings, PunditLisa.

glare

Sister belladonna, thank you for feeling my pain. If the Gods of Cyberspace hadn’t eaten my original rant, you would know that when my ex-coworker (who used to “produce” the newsletter as you described–layout and everything) moved on to other pastures and my boss started talking about restructuring duties around here, I stepped up to the plate and volunteered to take over production of the newsletter.

Why?

So I wouldn’t have to write any more goddamn articles for it! My ex-coworker, you see, used the fact that she had to put the thing together as reasoning for why she didn’t have to write articles for it.

Made sense to me (and I was a little jealous), and when she left the agency, I saw my opportunity…

…unfortunately, the same logic is not working for me. My boss pretty much laughed in my face when he asked me what my article would be about, and I told him I wasn’t writing one.

What sucks even MORE is that the person who replaced my ex-coworker is now the one who doesn’t have to write newsletter articles, because he’s NEW and doesn’t know what to write about (and also because he, unlike the ex-coworker, is part-time).

!@#$%&?!

So… any suggestions for a boring statistical/demographic article I could write? Last time I did one on the rising numbers of children being raised by their grandparents.

YAWN

Call me a dork, but I think that the rising numbers of children being raised by grandparents is a really interesting topic!

Seriously, though, if you’re looking for demographic information about families, the Council on Contemporary Families’ Web site at www.contemporaryfamilies.org might be a good place to start, particularly the “Changing Families” and “Education” links, and maybe the “Current Controversies” and “Fact Sheets” links as well, depending on just what it is that you’re looking for.

Good luck with your article (if you don’t manage to get out of writing one)!

I would like to apologize in advance for the following remark.

You’re a dork!

And now I’d like to apologize again afterwards. It was too good of a line to pass up. :smiley:

Aargh! I KNEW somebody would say that, but something (my inherent dorkitude?) made me post it anyway.

It was nice of you to apologize not just once but twice for saying it, though.

Miss Bianca, thanks for the link!

I haven’t checked it out yet, but I’m on my way! I suppose that the topic of grandparents raising grandkids is an interesting one if you don’t have to be the one to write the article! :wink:

Actually, though, about a month after MY article came out, the local paper ran the same story. Look at me–an iconoclast and shit. :smiley: