I figured something out...

Oh yeah… Hi everyone, it’s been awhile unless you spend time in #SD. I begin to wonder before I post this if some of you will even remember me.

Anyway, what I figured out was: “Why I don’t post on the SDMB anymore.”

And it’s gonna sound like a bit of a Pity Party Post, but trust me, that wasn’t my intent. Just stay with me a minute.

I don’t post to GD or GQ because I’ve come to realize that I’m pretty much an idiot. I mean, I’m not a complete moron, but I don’t know enough about anything to really get into a debate about it. And especially not enough to try to answer anyone’s questions. Plus, I’m just not very argumentative. But basically the big reason is, I’m a dolt.

I don’t post to IMHO because I’ve never really liked the forum. I just don’t like the format. Here’s how it goes: “Person A: What do you like/hate/enjoy most/least about yada yada yada? Perrsons B-ZZZ: This and that.” Here’s the thing tho’. Not anyone of the Persons B-ZZZ group read or thought about what anyone else in that group’s opinions were. If that’s always the case, then what’s the point of sharing your opinion? If no one’s there to challenge it or agree with it… <shrug>

I don’t post to The Pit because I don’t have enough vitriol to do so. The anger that I have about things in my life manifests itself in a physical way now and I just don’t have the drive or the passion to write it down. Plus, there’s the argumentative thing again. On top of that, if there ever is an idiot that I think just posted some totally outlandish stupid shit, usually there are 50 other people already there, already saying everything I wanted to say only better than I could. Once again… we’re back to the “I’m a retard.” thing again. <sigh>

I don’t post to The Cafe because tho I tend to talk about music or cinema that I enjoy to anyone who wants to listen or wants to broaden their musical tastes, I don’t talk about music or cinema I don’t like. Again, it’s the same as with IMHO… no one listens anyway, so what’s the point?

Here’s the one that really upsets me the most.

I don’t post to MPSIMS anymore because I don’t have any friends here anymore. In keeping so busy in my own life, I’ve grown distant from all the people that I truly love and care about here. And like I said earlier, I’d be suprised if anyone that I’ve talked to at length even remembers that I existed. This is completely my fault. I should’ve made more effort to keep in touch with people here. It saddens me to learn of some that have gone and won’t be back. And I wish I had payed more attention. But, I had to be stupid about it, and because I felt that I was being left out around here… I let it go. It sounds dumb, but when you never get mentioned in a “People You Like” style thread… You know, it’s just a really painful thing when you’re forgotten. Especially by those you thought you were close to. Okay… change lanes. Here’s that part that’s not my fault. A certain someone has badmouthed me to some of the people that I was friends with here and I’ve lost their trust. More than a few think really poorly of me because of a situation that on many levels was beyond my control. Could I be any more cryptic? Probably, but suffice it to say, I didn’t conduct myself perfectly in this situation, but it’s still not anything that anyone needed to know about besides myself and the person involved. If that makes no sense to anyone but me, I apologize. But because of it, I’ve felt that I can’t really post here anymore out of fear of making anyone even more upset with me.

I don’t really know what I’m trying to accomplish with this post. I was just in chat and these thoughts finally came to me. I guess I’m rationalizing to myself why I’m not really a part of something that was a big part of me anymore. And it was, the SDMB was a really large chunk of my life. I continue to read here when I find the time, and to check up on those that I care for. But this is why I just don’t post anymore. I don’t imagine many of you will care very much, but thanks for listening and letting me get this off my chest.

I, too, have few friends on the boards, but that’s not really important. You don’t know me, and I don’t know you, but I’d like you to know someone’s listening.

I can sympathize with you here on this point. Completely.

Being involved in real life doesn’t seem like something you should regret too much, though losing touch with people you care about is. I bet those people you made connections with DO remember you. I hope they get in touch with you and tell you so.

Thank you Searching.

This was probably another reason for me posting this.

Hey - I remember you! Didn’t you sign my FairyChatMoose diary?? I think it was you, but some of the penmanship in there was pretty terrible. Not to say that yours was terrible, but it might have been.

Never mind. I have nothing to add here. And I don’t go in GD either - too taxing on the brain.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about IMHO.

Yes you do. I know you do.

If people are really your friends, they won’t allow someone else’s opinion of you to cloud how they feel about you. That’s immature and childish. As far as it being something that nobody needed to know besides you and the person involved. . .well, I can understand just needing to talk sometimes. That’s really neither here nor there - I think I know enough about the situation to say that I’m positive it didn’t change my feelings toward you OR the other person involved. I consider you both friends, and both of you know that. Like I said, adults don’t allow other people to dictate how they feel about a third party, IMO.

Rarely do people conduct themselves perfectly in situations such as what you’re talking about. I’ve sat in that seat - it’s life and growing up and knowing you make mistakes but you learn and grow from them and try not to make the same mistake twice. But don’t beat yourself up over things that you cannot change.

I don’t know where I’m going with this, now. . . I just want you to know that I enjoy talking with you. You’ve been a good friend to me, and I hope I’ve been the same for you. I could not care less what other people think of people I’m friends with. I base my opinions of people on my own interactions with them. You’re someone I’m proud to call my friend.

For what it may be worth to you, Simetra, I remember you and I bet there’s a big ol’ collection of Bamadopers (where’s bobkitty to spank Simetra’s ass for forgetting about her?;)) who do as well:)

Simetra I don’t know who you are and I don’t know what happened, but so far I think you’re pretty keen.

I can relate. I too tread lightly in GD / GQ. I don’t post a lot, but I figure if this site is here to fight igorance, then it needs to be balanced on both sides. Can’t have all these smart people running loose without a few of us clueless running around somewhere ::grin::

As for IMHO, I really enjoy reading what people think, even if I don’t respond to agree/disagree. I think it’s fascinating to see the spectrum of opinions that show up on any given topic. Reminds me that there’s a wide, wide world out there (somewhere!).

I agree with Jessica2, if you enjoy the boards, don’t let an unfortunate incident keep you from making new friends or learning something new.

Prodigal Son Simatra,

You are indeed welcome here, even though your location says Montgomery, AL.

Some older problems just don’t get fixed. Unfortunate, but true. So, just jump right back in. If someone has a problem with that, well, it’s their problem, not yours.

Hmmm… thank you all for the kind words and the wisdom.

It did not go unheard.

I’ve never made a “People You Like” thread, as well, but then again, I’ve never been the subject of a pit thread, either. There are thousands of posters here, most of which fall in this middle category. I don’t take it personally, and neither should you. You haven’t been “forgotten” by your friends because they didn’t mention you.

The posters that make those threads are those who jump right into the fray, be it with a concise explanation, or with a witty comment, and they do it often. You can’t be afraid to post, because how else will you be noticed?

Simetra

Your absence did not go unnoticed. I remember you. And I have missed you. I’m not one of those types that people notice, nor mention in crush threads, and I have an abysimally low post count for someone who has been here as long as I have - but I noticed. And I’m glad you’re back. :slight_smile:

I missed you.

Hi, Stephen! :slight_smile: I remember you! I never call to go out for a beer any more cause I moved to Huntsville.

I don’t post so much because I tend to kill the thread.

Might have done that here. Sorry

Fool. Get back to work.

You have friends and buddys and you know it. :smiley:

Tripler
I was wondering where you were, too.