I finally got the fairy princess costume I always wanted!

Unfortunately, I can never wear it. It’s for a 9-year-old girl. My little sis called me this evening, to make plans to go to a Big Sis/Little Sis Halloween party tomorrow and she said to me, “I want to be a princess!”

Well, of course she does. I want to be the Queen of Sheba too. Fortunately for her, she has a big sister who can make these things happen. So, off I ran to IParty. If we’d had more time together, we could have done something creative and MADE a clever costume. But school and work cause these constraints.

Imagine my horror when I entered IParty and found the scored of screaming children begging for $50 costumes! I thought these things were cheap. And plasticky. And only looked like anything if you used your imagination. Not so. I bought a $40 GOWN for my Little Sis that looks like something I once wore to a prom. Then of course, she had to have the mandatory tiara and magic wand.

Being a push over is very time consuming and very expensive. It’s also SO cool to get a chance to buy the costume your parents would NEVER have sprung for. I wonder if she’d like to be Tinker Belle next year…I sort of wanted that one too.

L