[QUOTE=guppy]
Christmas anything should be banned until after Thanksgiving. Banned! Don’t you realize by elongating the Christmas season by starting this stuff early you’re diluting its potency?
(some how Christmas and potency in the same sentence seems dirty)
I was driving through my neighborhood and I saw someone had xmas lights up. For a second I thought they must be Halloween lights but who the heck has herd of Halloween lights?
[/QUOTE]
Well, Halloween lights typically come in strings, not by the herd, but I suppose if they’re all gathered neatly together like this, they sorta kinda resemble a herd…
Maybe somebody here can explain why there is just so MUCH Christmas music. It’s easily the biggest single section of our library’s CD collection. and as someone pointed out, lots of Jewish artists have put out Christmas albums too. I’m surprised Cat Stevens didn’t.
There’s lots I like, but I still don’t get why there’s so gosh darn much of it.
[QUOTE=kaylasdad99]
Well, Halloween lights typically come in strings, not by the herd, but I suppose if they’re all gathered neatly together like this, they sorta kinda resemble a herd…
[/QUOTE]
Awww pooh. Just once I’d like to make a post without typos. BTW, the lights were white, blue and purple lights with no cones on them. They didn’t seem to be Halloweeny at all.
[QUOTE=gigi]
The pop station around here starts full-time Xmas tunes Thanksgiving PM and doesn’t stop until Xmas night.
[/QUOTE]
Now, this is what bothers me. Christmas begins on the night of Dec. 24, and lasts 12 days, until the Feast of the Ephiphany (Jan. 5). To start playing the music on Thanksgiving but stop playing on Dec. 25 just shows screwed up understanding of the holiday. (I’m touchy about this because I was born on Dec. 25.)
For those who can’t get enough of the holiday music, Live365 has several Christmas Internet radio channels, including “Christmas Broadband” and “A Shiny New Christmas.” Right now I’m listening to Frank Sinatra sing “Silent Night.”
[QUOTE=well he’s back]
lots of Jewish artists have put out Christmas albums too. I’m surprised Cat Stevens didn’t.
[/QUOTE]
A odd Christmas greeting from Cat Stevens in New Musical Express Magazine in 1968, long before his Islamic conversion.
[QUOTE=Walloon]
Now, this is what bothers me. Christmas begins on the night of Dec. 24, and lasts 12 days, until the Feast of the Ephiphany (Jan. 5). To start playing the music on Thanksgiving but stop playing on Dec. 25 just shows screwed up understanding of the holiday. (I’m touchy about this because I was born on Dec. 25.)
[/QUOTE]
I completely agree. Easter also doesn’t start till Saturday night at the earliest, and keeps going for quite a while. Easter candy should not be offered on Good Friday!!