I Found Money!

Some locals at Stinson Beach (Northern California) used to tape a $5 bill to fishing line, and leave it in the sand while sitting up on a dune, downwind. They got to be very good at yanking the line just as a person was reaching for it, and making it look like it was the wind that blew it out of the person’s reach. Ah, the lazy days of summer . . .

A good place to find money is in the candy display in convenience stores, the ones at waist level in front of the cashier. You’d be amazed at how many people drop money down there, where it slides between the assorted candy bars.

A stripper used to live in my apartment. When I moved in the other 6 tenants of the building each felt the need to remind me that I am now responsible for dropping $100 in the driveway in various bill increments each week.

:rolleyes:

My record was a huge wad o’cash that was dropped by some guy waddling between an ATM and a Mercedes. I picked it up and gave it to him.

Maybe it’ll improve my chances of not being reincarnated as a slug in the nest life.

Unfortunately my husband is very good about cleaning out his pockets.
I have a habit of folding a bill into a tiny square before putting it into my pocket. My theory is, it’s less likely to fall out that way. But it’s more likely to sink to the bottom and hide in that little money grabbing corner. It doesn’t even come out when washed 2 or 3 times. Sometimes, by the time I discover it, it’s no longer money.