I friggin' love beer.

I’ve had Fat Tire in Texas and Missouri. It is indeed a grrod brew. My current fav is Bully! Porter from Boulevard Brewing of Kansas City.

I won’t come in here and say I don’t like homebrew. I’ve already gotten scolded for it, once. :wink:

But I can’t say I get the point of beer. However, one of my coworkers, now she could sympathize with you.

There is no point to beer; beer is its own point. :smiley:

–Misnomer (who can’t wait until the end of the month, when she goes to NYC for a massive pub crawl . . . )

I can get Fat Tire in almost every market here in NorCal. I enjoy it greatly, but its not my favorite.

My all-time favorites in order:

1. Gambrinus

2. Staroprammen

3. Heineken

4. Fat Tire

5. Pilsner Urquell

6. Corona (only with a lime - anything else is masturbation)
    rankings get murkey after this point

7. 'merican brews

Doh! How could I forget Ursus and Stella Artois? #7 and 6, respectively

“God made yeast, as well as dough, and he loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“He was a wise man who invented beer.” - Plato

Beer is great stuff. One of these days I’m going to try my hand at homebrewing.

Hey I’m drunk right now!!!

I like beer for breakfast, or a midnight snack;
I like beer for lunch; big beer attack!

Maudite, La Chouffe, Hale’s Cream, Schlüssel Alt, and a tip of the cap to Boddington’s, my drink with the Seattle Trivia Dopers!

Hey Eve - would happen to have the sheet music or a recording of that beer song?

P

Guinness

A tear comes to my eye.

If only the OP lived in a country that made some good beer. A tragic irony.

I don’t want to bring negativity to this otherwise positive thread, but for you to say that. . .

You must either

1. Live in America and don’t know your way around

2. Haven’t spent much time in America

Australia :smiley:

HA! Thanks for this - I knew it had to come from somewhere, but from where, I knew not.

Mmm…sweet, delicious beer. I love it too. Bass, Caffrey’s Irish Ale, Guinness, Newcastle, Montana Brown Ale, Samuel Smith’s, Sierra Nevada, Grolsch, Fischer, Singha, Full Sail, Shiner Bock, Modelo Negro, Red Hook, Yuengling, Moose Drool, Kingfisher, Bridgeport, Sapporo, Blackened Voodoo, Drop Top, Rogue, Deschutes, Anchor Steam, Celis, Spaten, Veldensteiner Kaiser Weisse…these are a few of my favorite things.

Man, I’m making myself thirsty. Good thing it’s Friday. :slight_smile:

I was loving this thread and wondering who would piss first.

I don’t know the tune to this song that Eve posted but doesn’t it just make you want to swing your arm back and forth in front of your body. . .foam a-splashing?

If nothing else, it’s apropos.

I do, actually, you can here a clip from it here. I can’t seem to find it anymore on tinfoil.com’s selections—e-mail them and ask where you can buy it.

I can’t make it go on my work computer but this site claims to have a listenable copy of Dan W. Quinn singing *Glorious Beer * from 1899.

<sigh> I’ve been the queen of all simulposts lately. I need to learn to type faster.