I get to go see King Tut tomorrow

I was gonna save it for my blog, but I thought I’d share. When we got to the room with Tut’s funerary items, including jewelry, some dude was all “Can you imagine wearing all that stuff?!!111One! You’d be all walking like this…” and then started stumbling around. Uh, yeah, he was kinda DEAD when he was wearing all that jewelry. Walking around with it on was sorta not an issue.

I’m glad you had a good time Diosa, but yeah, I know what you mean about the crowds. I think I am going to go again later this fall as well.

You’ve found me out. I’m nothing but a pinko commie librul who spits on the flag. Hear that? I spit on the flag!

But I don’t spit on Tut’s sarcophagus. It’s too cool.

Not the flag!!! You better not burn it- isn’t that illegal now or something?

And The Sausage Creature, weren’t you absolutely amazed by the stupidity of all the comments? It boggles the mind. No really. It does.

On the one hand, I try to be sympathetic. Not everyone on the planet was an archaeology nerd from the tender age of 5.

On the other hand, damn, our species has a lot of morons.

Oh chatelaine I wondered at the same thing (i.e. whether the mask tours or not) and never did get a satisfactory answer. I heard that it was illegal for the mask and for Tut himself to leave Cairo but I’ve no idea if this is just scuttlebutt.

Finally found something, TSC

From here.

Oh wow. Thanks for the info chatelaine. More impetus to head to Cairo at some point in my life (as if I needed another reason).

You know I have always wanted to travel to Egypt, but my father (who I take a trip with) refuses because he believes it is unsafe. Grumble. Someday!