I Got a Ferret!

Well, I guess I could always use suggestions.

I thought ferrets were mean and bit often?

My fiance has a ferret, named Pip. Pip is very paticular, he’ll bite anyone who tries to pick him up, except him and his mom. I picked him up and he just snuggled. Aawwwwww! I love Pip!

But, yeah, I wouldn’t put a ferret down my pants. Unless…:wink:
:eek:

poogas21-- I think a lot people think that. They banned them here in NY too last year partly because (I think) of that impression. The ban, btw, has been largely ignored. I haven’t seen ferrets for sale in the city proper, but they’re not hard to find if you go outside NYC’s borders.

Ferrets (as far as I’ve seen anyway) are energetic little critters, and they nip in play, but IMO, they’re no meaner than any other animal you might have as a pet.

Slight aside-- according to one local news story I saw last year about the Ferret Ban, they were trying to ban a number of exotic animals. Including hippopotami. Like I’d try to carry one of those up five flight of stairs in a pet-tote.

Rosebud, congrats on you new friend. I’m sure she will bring you as much fun as my little Kilroy does. I only bath him in cold weather, when it’s warm out he goes for walks with me and he rolls in the grass and come up smelling fresh and clean. He also goes camping with me. He is also a Pepsi addict, if I can’t find where he’s hiding all I have to do is open a can and Kilroy magicly appears at my feet.