I Got A New Job! Yay!

So I got a new job, at a medical marijuana clinic. They just passed the law in November, and this is the first clinic that will open here in Tucson. I will be the only other person working there besides the doctor, which is awesome, because that’s the way I like it. I’ll have to study up on the law tonight, so that I can answer questions for patients and people calling. I am so excited and happy! :smiley:

Grats, will it also be a dispensary, or just a place to get the exam for the card?

Be very glad you are not over in Maricopa County … Sheriff Joe must be freaking pissed enough to shit bricks over the decriminalization, I think most of his inmates are there on weed charges sometimes.

I don’t think it will be a dispensary- until there is one in town, I believe patients will have to grow it themselves. They’re allowed two plants apiece, I was told. And yeah, Sheriff Joe is reason number 7,182 I’m glad I don’t live in Phoenix.

Congratulations! Sounds good.

Woohoo! Wishing you luck in your new career!

Old career, just a new job- but thanks! :smiley:

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Wow I had no idea it was decriminalized. I grew up in Tucson.

Thanks,** Sunspace**. I know you did, Opal!

Soooo…Dopefest at Alice The Goon’s place?
:smiley:

I won’t tell. Congratulations on finding a way to make it legit.

Oh, a lot of people in this town, er, “work”- I’m not the only one!

Nearby, can legally dispense marijuana…yeah, when’s the Dopefest? :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably weekly, if anyone can remember the directions to her house. :wink:

So, how does that work, legally? Is it regulated by the state or federally?

In Canada, you need to get a licence to possess medical marijuana (on the advice of a doctor), and there’s another licence you can get to grow it (or you can buy it from Heath Canada, or someone else who has a grow licence). Sadly, though, the marijuana mines of Flin Flon, Manitoba, are no longer in operation; I don’t know who grows the stuff for Health Canada now.

So now you will be both a doper and a Doper?

It is still illegal federally, so this is the whole problem.

On one hand, one can grow/possess a certain amount of weed, on the other hand you can get busted federally still. People who grow for several people can still get nailed with growing and possession with intent to sell.

sigh

YES YES YES ! you deserve IT, fucking good luck to you .

You deserve it totally.

Thanks, lust!
Yes, it’s regulated by the state. At first I was concerned about it still being illegal federally, but then, California has been doing it for 15 years and employees aren’t being arrested or harassed, so I figure I’m safe. Besides, I’m just assisting the doctor, and we don’t sell it or anything. Big article in today’s paper about dispensaries getting ready to open- apparently there’s big competition amongst landlords.

Uh, yeah, sure, now I will be! That’s the ticket!