I guess I never realized.........

Anyone who prefers Edward Gorey to Gahan Wilson is TOPS in my book!

PM:

I’m glad you’ve been able to find a source of strength to enable you to carry on, in life as well as here.

Welcome back.

kaylasdad99

WELCOME BACK!
(joyful shouting intended)
Your voice would have missed; it’s unique.
Besides, anyone who cope w/ “life on the streets”, debate Christian points ON points, and express an excellent preference for Gorey vs. Gahan Wilson is NOT someone to lose!
Take as may breaks as you need. Skim posts, ignore or project at will.
Heee’s BAAACK!
Veb

You rang…?

Yer pal,
Satan

{Pickman, blushing bright red and grinning maniacally}
Thanks, Veb. Gosh, you know I just may have to print out this thread (as well as that ton of e-mail I received) to have on hand so I can re-read it when I feel low. It’s doing wonders for my self esteem. :slight_smile:

Dave: is the BBQ Pit in the Seventh Ring, or the Sixth? I lost track.

While I would certainly agree that Gorey is much better suited to illustrate Lovecraft than is Wilson, it is absurd to “rate” one above the other. Wilson’s craft includes cartoons (as opposed to Gorey’s illustrations), but he also writes a fine piece of fiction and a superb essay.

There is no need to denigrate a Bruichladdich simply to expound on the virtues of a Chateau Lafite Rothschild.

Tom~

Sixth ring, PM. This is the Seventh. Oh, you meant in Dante? … :wink:

For how David got the God job (through chicanery, IMHO!), check out the thread http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000440.html when you’re in a mood to watch the GD contingent just having fun with a silly idea.

Pickman: Wow, i should read the boards here more, I didn’t know you were going to leave! Anyway, welcome back. I know how the life of a cop can be, my father is a federal cop and my brother works for one of the smaller towns around here. I know that it’s not an easy job and I uderstand why some officers may seem to go off the deep end with the tickets.

Anyway, “Pickman’s Model” was one of the eeriest stories I have ever read from Lovecraft (it’s also one of my favorites of lovecrafts). It actually raised goosebumps on my skin the first time I read it. Quite eerie, hmm maybe that would be a good Halloween story? :slight_smile: