I had a burger, fries, and a cold draft beer at a bar

Drinking at the wheel? I don’t know what the laws are like your way, but if the Police saw me drinking, or eating a burger, or texting, while I was driving, they’d fine me for driving without due care or attention.

I love that “cellars doors” are a category of drinking establishment in Australia. :slight_smile:

Message from the new board:

:slight_smile: It’s been a while since we’ve seen VernonFlorida — their last post was 5 months ago.

I dearly miss going to restaurants, especially Indian restaurants - I’m so damn tired of making curry myself. Here in Missouri, most places have begun to open for dine-in business, and a few of my daughter’s friends’ families have gone; however, we haven’t been able to justify it yet. We generally get takeout instead.

Way back when, the weekend before the shutdowns started, I was really tired but scheduled to go to dinner with a few friends for a girls’ night out. I will always be super grateful I hauled my ass out to that restaurant because it was the last night out I’ve had.

If I find litter while kayaking/pontooning/etc, I like to pick it up and dispose of it properly. But I break the law every time I do that, because the rusty, empty beer cans and broken beer bottles are considered “open containers” and my Jeep Wrangler doesn’t have a seperate compartment to stow them in during my drive home.

I don’t think an empty bottle or can would be breaking the law. At least not in most states.

From Massachusetts:

From Texas:

Pennsylvania is not most states. If I want to take empty alcohol containers for recycling, they must be in a seperate compartment (like a trunk). I got pulled over after kayaking, with rusty cans and broken bottles in my Jeep, due to a burned out tail light. The cop was going to write me up on an open container violation, and that led to us discussing the law in detail. He ended up just warning me, based on my plea to his environmental beliefs.

There are more details, just cannot find them

Good luck getting your can completely empty enough in Texas to be safe throwing it in the floorboard.
You’re are good to carry partials and emptys if its in the bed, trunk or behind the last upright seat in the vehicle.

I’m in Indiana, which has opened up to the point that half of the tables in a restaurant can be occupied, and I’ve taken advantage of this a couple of times in the last few weeks. One factor limiting my enjoyment of the experience has been the fact that my hearing’s not the greatest, and it’s difficult to understand a socially-distancing masked waiter while music is blaring at or above pre-COVID volume.

Talk about the mundane turned noteworthy – I was introduced on Saturday to a woman who extended her hand, which I proceeded to shake, not realizing until later that it was the first physical contact I’d had with a stranger in months. I wasn’t even wearing a mask at the time!

I’m not sure what’s open here, but I wouldn’t risk it.

Went to a bar the previous Wednesday . Just me and and 900 other bikers. Live music and 5 beer lines that couldn’t begin to keep up. Maybe a 100 less bikes than usual. I’d guess 1,500 people peak and 2000+ total. A lot of pent up socializing ensued. People are really burned out on the hide-in-place routine. Not the youngest of crowds either. Definitely not what the doctor ordered.

DC and Virginia restaurants are open with reduced seating, but I’m not interested in a Darwin award, thanks.

Here in Ada county the bars were opened, several dozen more people were promptly infected making for our biggest spike in a while, and now they’re closing again.

I’m not prone to getting bored due to being at home, but even if I was I’d think twice about going out for some Corona.

I’m trying to keep up with the latest recommendations and info. The general sense I’m getting is that, first, masks work pretty well when infected people wear them, and maybe offer some small protection when worn by the uninfected. Obviously people can’t wear masks while eating. Second, viral load matters, and is affected by both time and proximity; brushing past an infected person in a grocery store might be less risky than sitting 6 feet apart in an enclosed space for several hours. Third, being outdoors helps, especially when combined with masks, social distancing, and keeping it moving. Restaurants and bars seem dicey right now, and with everyone offering to-go, maybe not a risk worth taking.

Well good Gawd almighty! Which way do I steer?

Haven’t been out to any restaurants since the great reopening. Doesn’t really seam worth it to me to eat a burger and then declare bankruptcy after a stay in the hospital :thinking:

Drinking at the wheel? I don’t know what the laws are like your way, but if the Police saw me drinking, or eating a burger, or texting, while I was driving, they’d fine me for driving without due care or attention.
[/quote]

If the police saw you drinking a soda while you were driving, they’d fine you?

Good question. I know of a liquor store in Wyoming that sells frozen cocktails to go and one in Louisiana that sells frozen daiquiris to go. In each case, the drinks are in cardboard cups with plastic lids. It’s not considered an open container unless you push a straw through (or just plain remove) the lid.

I’ve often wondered about the phrase “cold draft beer.” Is there any other kind here? I know different cultures prefer warmer beer than the US.
I don’t really know because I loathe beer and would not buy one as an experiment. :scream_cat: I also don’t see posters’ locations on the board, so I don’t know the where the OP is.

Cask conditioned ales are typically poured a bit warmer than draft beer from kegs. And now I’m thirsty for some cask conditioned ale.