I hate Florence and the Machine

Yeah, I figured of all the Smiths catalog, that would be the one up your alley. Morrissey can be a bit precious , but there’s some great pop music and musicianship behind all those Smiths songs. Took me awhile to get used to Morrissey’s delivery, but I think it’s worth it for Marr, Rourke, and Joyce.

Because I am too lazy to listen for myself, someone direct me to anything else by Florence and the Machine that I’d like if like her/their song Breath of Life. I am not hipster enough to have heard much else, I just found that one via the Snow White and the Huntsman soundtrack.

It’s weird - Florence and the Machine on the face of it sounds like a band that I should like, and yet I don’t. Kind of reminds me of the Eurhythmics in that way - just did not like, even though it was right up my alley.

Too boring for me to even pay enough attention to hate.

How anyone thinks this is a good voice is beyond me. I find this voice so annoying I could never get behind this. Regina is great. Her voice and her lyrics/meaning and music just exude so much more depth, such feeling and her voice is great. To even mention her name with this Flow of garbage is simply no less then a travesty. Screeching like nails on a chalk board does not make for a good voice at all. Disgusting, annoying, and hard to listen to without cringing for me. I always will change the channel then listen to this.

The post you are replying to is 13 years old. The poster doesn’t come by here much anymore.

Also Florence Welch rules.

I just got confused because I thought Florence + The Machine was suddenly relevant again.

I just got into them recently, thanks to GotG3. I knew dog days, but not a lot of other songs. I’m really liking her stuff, especially Mermaids and Ship to Wreck.

I’m so cool I still don’t know who Florence and the Machine are. I heard they suck.

You heard wrong.

But I read it on this very site!

Well, can’t argue with that. :smiley_cat:

They do suck! Flow up! How anyone thinks that voice is good I will never understand.

It’s OK to be wrong. I was wrong once and I like to think I learned from the experience.

Never relevant, always terrible; basically an off-brand Stevie Nicks, as if someone was desperately asking for that. “Ship To Wreck” is a fucking earworm of a song with lyrics a philosophy sophomore would be embarrassed to credit, and less relevant than Sneaker Pimps even after that dumb Ryan Reynolds movie briefly spiked interest in “Six Underground”.

Stranger

Once? That’s real funny. So now it’s at least twice!

The Smiths suck ass! At least Morrisey, who really is a pretentious piece of shit. Never understood the appeal especially since there’s so much better music, even pop, out there! They can and should be attacked as often as possible!

shrug. I could listen to Marr et al all day. There’s enough music for everyone to go around. (And what do you mean “even pop”? Are you some sort of rockist gatekeeper? About half the music I listen to is pop. Taking in the new Taylor Swift right now, even.)

Thanks to Taylor Swift they are relevant again.

Totally worth reviving this thread for this.

Also: I don’t particularly care for F&TM. So I don’t listen to them. Not sure they’re worth the effort of “hating”, though, and other people seem to like them.

That is all.