I hate having to ask for OTC meds!

Oh, I see - I thought you meant talking to you. I don’t think she should be talking to friends on the phone while she’s working (except in breaks away from patients), no matter what language she’s speaking. That’s something I’ve never seen anywhere in any hospital. If she’s definitely doing that, you should complain.

For all i know she is talking to me. I can’t understand her whichever language she’s using.

Languages in Cameroon:

Official languages * French

It’s unlikely she’s speaking Swahili.

All I know is what she told me.

She may have been giving you a hard time, because she felt you were rude to her.

I found that, for me, Naproxen works much better for joint pain than Acetaminophen.

Also Glucosamine and SAM-e works for me, but not for everyone.

I am not a real doctor.

Could be. I’m not always as polite as I would like.

Now I’m confused. Does she have a visible bluetooth headset while she’s at work? Or is she just talking to you and other staff and patients?

It should be pretty obvious when she’s talking to you even without a mask. And even without eye contact. If she’s adjusting your bed, and talking, she’ll either be talking to you, or talking to a doctor or something nearby, or she won’t be talking.

If her accent is difficult for you to understand, it is reasonable to ask her to speak slower, and it’s also reasonable to ask her to speak a little more quietly. Some people - wherever they’re from - do talk very loudly and on hospital wards it can be a problem because people need to be given the chance to sleep.

Well, yeah, that’s known even among doctors. :smiley: Dropzone wasn’t asking about that.

Get real! Ahem, she’s talking to a friend. We have a lot of people who gab with their pals on company time.

Then if she does have a bluetooth headset on, you should complain. It’s not acceptable at all. But I’d find it odd since medical staff are not usually allowed to even take mobile phones onto the ward.

I spent a lot of time in hospitals recently, with my mom. And i have no real complaints about the staff. But almost all of them were carrying cell phones. Heck, one doctor called me on her cell phone when my mom was in the recovery room and very upset and not lucid, and the doctor wanted me to come RIGHT NOW to help ground my mom. (I was waiting in my mom’s hospital room for the procedure to be done.)

I did not notice any staff talking to friends on those phones, but they all called them.

(And i did notice one woman take calls from patients, tell them that someone would be there soon, and then return to reading her magazine without mentioning to anyone else that a patient had requested help.)

She’s willing to work double shifts five days a week. Management probably thinks she’s a prize.

BTW, I am about 5/8 deaf these days, so I have problems understanding everyone.

I don’t give a crap what she’s speaking or doing, the patient should come first

I know things get pushed down the drain.
It still should’ve been patient driven since they are giving their life savings and any future income to these people.

I think if I ever put there . I’m gonna find a way to not be alive.

PM me Mikey. I can provide some help, if you get your mail.

I got some sleep the other night after discovering a can of Biofreeze (I think) and spraying it on my knee. Active ingredient is menthol, the difference between it and taping a pack of Kools to my knee is that when the nurse confiscated it she just moved it out of reach so I need to ask for help to use it.

“Mr zone, why do you think you’ve gone deaf in your right ear?”