I have a feeling my car is about to be vandalized

If you find yourself in the kind of situation where you’re out of your car and he’s sitting in his, offering to do all kinds of harm to you, just calmly inform him that if he really intended to do anything to you, he’d have done it by now, and that you aren’t going anywhere. Then offer him the chance to come on out.

It’s always worked for me.

When another party opens the situation to violence, be prepared for it. But if all they’re doing is sitting and whining from a position of safety, tell them to move along.

My encounter with Parking Lot Rage (originally posted almost exactly a year ago):

My SO was driving, as she usually does, and I was in the passenger seat. We had come up this ramp only to find some idiot backing out of a space without regard for anything behind him. We honk. He pulls forward, stops, waits for a bit, then gets out of his car and starts to walk toward us. My SO pretty much just sat behind the wheel but I decide to sit up. I’m 6’2" and sitting up in that car ('89 Dodge Shadow) would put the top of my head against the headliner. This stopped the idot stopped in his tracks as he obviously weighed his options. Fortunately for everyone involved, he chose the most sensible one–he turned around, got back in his car and drove off.

Classic. I’m guessing the illusion of a low car made your 6’2" appear more like 7’.

And no, Draelin, he made no friendly indication that he wanted to go straight. I’d certainly allow anybody who does that to go through. I’ve been that guy at the same light, myself, and asked permission.

Only Mostly Missus says a great way to tell if somebody is tailing you is take a trip around the block. If they follow your four right turns, you know they’re on your tail.

Hey, at least you have the satisfaction of giving him back exactly what he was trying to dish out. There are few things as satisfying as putting an asshole in his place. I do it sometimes too even though I should know better by now. :slight_smile:

As it is now Friday afternoon, and my car is still in it’s usual shape, I’d say I did get the satisfaction of giving him what he deserved, and didn’t have to pay for it. It is pretty nice.

OMD- did everything turn out alright? You haven’t reposted so I’m guessing nothing happened. :slight_smile:

Nothing has happened. I’m assuming at this point that nothing will. Though, to be safe, I’m still keeping a post-it of the guy’s description on my wall, in case something magically does happen.