I have a whole cooked pound of 'radiatore' pasta

what to do with t? I have a jar of vodka pasta sauce, I would like to incorporate some veg - zucchini garlic butter - or some kind of cold pasta salad? any and all suggestions. I love radiatore, but there’s just so much!

Assuming you’re in the northern hemisphere it’s a perfect time for something I call “Pasta Caprese”. It’s simple, tasty, and it can be served hot or cold.

Put the (preferably still hot) pasta in a big bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add shredded mozzarella, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh basil and maybe some black pepper. Mix it up and serve.

ETA: Next time figure out what you’re going to do before you cook the pasta :slight_smile:

Well, Regallag The Axe, I cooked it with every intention of making it a part of a meal, which fell through, and it’s only a dollar’s worth of pasta, but before I throw it in the garbage, I was hoping for someone’s suggestions. thanks for yours!

There’s the base of a good pasta salad there. Dressing, chopped cheese, salami and peppers, some seasonings and Robert’s your mother’s brother.

Regallag’s idea is fine, but it reminded me of the best pasta salad I’ve had, from a deli in midtown Manhattan in the ‘80s.

To the best of my recollection, toss the radiatore with halved grape tomatoes, minced red onion, halved black olives, dry oregano, grated Parmesan, and fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes. Now make an ordinary mustard vinaigrette, but stir in a tablespoon or two of sour cream or Greek yoghurt. Toss everything together in a big bowl. Taste for S&P.

Quantities of the ingredients are up to you. Small cubes of Genoa salami or pepperoni are an optional addition.

It’s pasta. It’ll keep overnight. Put it away nekkid or with a bit of olive oil, your choice. Tomorrow, make a quick sauce and pour it over with some Parmesan cheese. Done like dinner, as they say.

5-Minute Tomato Sauce (Actually a bit longer, but it’s still lovely)

Pour a glug of olive oil into a cold saucepan. Mince a couple of garlic cloves into the oil and sprinkle in hot pepper flakes to taste if you like.

Warm the pan and when the garlic is fragrant (not longer!), add either a quart of fresh, skinned or canned whole tomatoes. Break up tomatoes with your hands as you add them. If you only have a 28-oz. can of tomatoes, no biggie. This is not a recipe requiring precision.

Simmer the sauce until reduced and it gets thick, anywhere between 20-30 minutes. Add a handful of chopped basil. Stir in your pasta to heat and serve with freshly grated Parm cheese.

ETA: You can add a glug of cream if you want it silky.

Dump a whole tin of anchovies in olive oil into a hot skillet. Stir and add a chopped onion, green bell pepper, some pitted black olives (good ones), and some garlic. Add more EVOO to the pan is you need to.

Just a pinch of salt, a sprinkle of black pepper, and a tablespoon each of dried oregano, basil, and hot red pepper flakes. Dump in a whole can of diced tomatoes and a can of tomato puree. Simmer and stir in a tablespoon of tomato paste.

Once the sauce has thickened, pour it over the reheated and buttered pasta and serve hot with grated Parmesan cheese. Keep excess sauce on the side for people to add, if they want.

Northern Italian sauce: Sautee a chopped onion, some garlic, and some pitted olives (good ones, black and green) in EVOO. A pinch of salt and a sprinkle of white pepper. Add some Italian parsley and a litre of cream (at least 18%) and bring to a simmer, gently.

Serve the hot sauce over your reheated and buttered pasta. Sprinkle on some grated Parmesan, if you want.

Thank you all for the suggestions. My mind just went blank looking at it (‘oh,not tomato sauce again!’) - I will hit up the Mediterranean bar for olives, roasted peppers, and so on, that sounds interesting and it will keep for a few days.

Sorry, I’m late to this party. But cooked pasta fries well, in a nonstick pan with bacon and onions.