I have an e-mail scammer's IP address: what should I do with it?

I received this e-mail message today:

*CITIBANK®
Dear Citibank Customer:

Recently there have been a large number computer terrorist attacks over our database server. In order to safeguard your account, we require that you update your Citibank ATM/Debit card PIN.

This update is requested of you as a precautionary measure against fraud. Please note that we have no particular indications that your details have been compromised in any way.

This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest time your account may be subject to temporary suspension.

Please make sure you have your Citibank ATM/Debit card and your login details at hand.

To securely update your Citibank ATM/Debit card PIN please go to:

Customer Verification Form

Please note that this update applies to your Citibank ATM/Debit card - which is linked directly to your checking account, not Citibank credit cards.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and thank you for using Citibank!

Regards,

Customer Support

©2004 Citibank. Citibank, N.A., Citibank, F.S.B.,
Citibank (West), FSB. Member FDIC.Citibank and Arc
Design is a registered service mark of Citicorp.*

Now, I KNOW this is a scam because Citicorp would never ask for my PIN. Period. But there was a clickable link in the e-mail message and I was able to get the IP address of the server hosting the “Customer Verification Form.” My question is, what should I do with this info? Is there someone to report this to? Or, better yet, ask all of my friends, relatives, Dopers, etc. to constantly ping their IP addy…

Any suggestions? (Also, would posting the IP address and URL be against the rules??)

trace route the IP address, identify the ISPs and NSP involved, and email abuse@XXXXX.xxx and report a malicious spam violation coming from that IP. Request that that IP be shut down.

Citibank has a whole staff of people that combat fraud, and phishing attempts like this. Their home page (http://www.citibank.com/us/index.htm) has a consumer alert link which asks cardholders to immediately forward these emails to them: