I Have the Best Roommates in the Whole World!

That is how I really feel today, like I could never ever have a better group of roommates. I live in an apartment with four other girls, and although it has been somewhat painful this past semester I wouldn’t trade these girls in for anything. Yesterday, I had a seizure (don’t worry, I have epilepsy and this is not an uncommon thing, however I haven’t had one in two years) and my roommates called an ambulance, my mother, my best friend and went to the hospital with me. During my seizure they made sure I didn’t hurt myself and they protected my head from the ground with a pillow. They did all of this despite the fact that they had classes they were supposed to attend, work that they were supposed to be at, errands they had wanted to run and the fact that I had scared them beyond all belief.

We were all getting ready to do our normal thing on Tuesday morning,I had just got in the shower when I realized that I was going to have a seizure. I grabbed a towel,ran out into the hallway, and called out for my roommates. That is the last thing I remembered until after it was all over.

When I woke up I had an ambulance crew standing above me and I was covered by nothing but a blanket. My roommates then dressed me and followed me out to the ambulance with my insurance information. They told me on the way to the hospital that my mother had been contacted and that she was on her way. It was at that moment, with the sticky things for the heart monitor stuck to my chest and one of the ambulance crew trying to find a vein in my left arm, that it all really sunk in; I had the best roommates in the whole world!

I hope you all have people in your life like this, because I don’t know what would have happened if I didn’t have my roommates in my life. They are the best friends that a girl could ever have and I love them very dearly.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about us. Your virtual roommates:).

Awwwwww, :slight_smile:

That’s really nice of you to appreciate them. I hope you also let them know how you feel.

: gives a big round of applause for a nice, positive and day-brightening thread :

Reminds me of a time when my wife was in college, she called an ambulance and saved the worthless life of one of her lazy, bitchy alcoholic roomates who did nothing but make her life miserable when she OD’d one night.

Sorry. That was really great of them. I hope the rest of your holiday week is just as good, kid.

goo, I tried to reply to you email but I got a mailer-daemon notice saying my reply couldn’t be delivered.

Should I just try again later, or to you want to send me an alternative email addy?

I just happen to be one of sweetLilKitty’s room mates.

Sure, we’ve all had our issues, but what Kitty said is true: I wouldn’t trade these girls for anyone.

:):):slight_smile: