I have to euthanize my cat

I’m so sorry to hear of this, Valguard. As everyone else has said, it’s so hard, but it’s the last thing you can do to help your kitty.

I always stay with mine as they get the shot. I want the last thing they feel to be me petting them and the last thing they hear to be me telling me they’re a good kitty and I love them.

Valgard, Vinyl Turnip, so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved animals.

I’m so sorry.

I’m very sorry. Our pets are part of our family and the pain of their passing is real, but so is the joy you experienced with them over the course of their lives.

Thanks again everyone. We took her in yesterday, my wife and stepson were there - my stepson stayed for the procedure although I know it was not easy for him. I told him what it would be like and when the vet came in she also explained it. A couple of injections and it was done, if you’ve never been through it it’s very peaceful and mercifully quick. Went home and had a good cry, stepson flashed back to his dad’s dog dying last year so he was upset, we hugged and had something to eat and watched something funny on TV…I told him that it’s a grown-up thing he learned, that sometimes the right thing isn’t the easy thing.

sorry :smiley:

My condolences as well. My parents put their cat to sleep just before Christmas last year and every time I visit I still look for Duchess to be sitting in a sunbeam. My thoughts will be with you.

Good for him. When I was young, I chickened out and let my mom do it once, and it haunts me to this day.

Wanted to throw this out for future reference. Particularly because cats almost never like going to the vet…unlike dogs.

There is a fair chance if you call around you can find a vet that will come to your home to euthanize your pet. For cats this a much better end IMO. You can probably do a search on my username and the subject to find better pointers.

The right thing to do is often the hardest thing to do.

I think it is individual decision to stay with your animal. I wanted to stay when Bob the Wonder Pony crossed, but the vet wouldn’t let me. Although large animals are probably different from small animals. Anyway, he knew he was loved, as did Valgard’s kitteh. My condolences to your family.

So sorry Valgard (Vinyl Turnip too). We had to put down our beloved cat last summer. It’s the right thing to do but it still sucks.

I’m very sorry, Valgard (and Vinyl Turnip). Our boy is 12 now and starting to show his age, and I dread when the time will come. But it’s the right thing to do. Heartbreaking, but the right thing. My thoughts are with you both.

I’m so sorry. Been there. :frowning: