I hit a pothole, and I tried not to laugh...

I was off to go look at a potential house yesterday evening. It was about 4 in the evening, lots of people and cars about at that time of day. So when I went around one curve and saw people standing on the median (waiting for buses and taixs and the like), I pulled over a teeny bit more to make sure not to hit them.

So, I hit a pothole instead. A pothole, full of water. At exactyl the right angle to throw up an impressive wall of water - directly onto the people waiting on the median. As I was still making the turn, I couldn’t quite look, but from my peripheral vision, I could see them all ducking away, in vain. I yelped a sincere but surpised “Sorry!” out the window and high tailed it out of there, looking nervously in my rearview mirror for an angry mobs that might be in pursuit.

And then, because I am apparently an evil person, I started to giggle… I mean, it was just so classic, like something out of those movies about guys who can’t catch a break, or commercials that want to know if you’re “Having a bad day?” Wall of water, arms thrown up in front of faces.
Am I evil?

Well, you’re not crazy.

Evil would be if you went around the block and ran through the pothole again.

Not evil… if you’re sure you didn’t mean to do it…hmmmmmm?

Besides if you’re evil, I’m evil - 'cause I’m still giggling!

Oh man! Thats the perfect definition of evil. Perfect! It should be in every dictionary.

Courtesy of Jack Handey:

When you’re ten years old, and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it’s hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.

Jack never fails!

I’m still laughing, too…it’s just one of those things!

Blame it on the gum-chewing guy in the Speedo.