I joined the 2.5 mile high club today.

Happy birthday! Wishing you a good day, a good year and a great life.

Many thanks to you, and you really should try it.

Excuse me, but I take offense to this. I am no less than a big freak. Depending on whom you ask. And the context of the question.

One thing you must never do, Becky2844. Never say never.

Thank you so much! And extra special thanks for allowing me to bend your ear. I appreciate the advice, information and encouragement. I look forward to going again!

Free fall was the best part! Are you going to go again?

As long as she didn’t enjoy it more than you did you may have nothing to worry about.

You too! :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s passe when you’re doin’ it at 13,500 feet and falling.

If I hadn’t been locked into the skydiving idea I would have taken a helicopter flying lesson. I was looking on Groupon and found a good coupon for a one hour session. It was cheaper than skydiving ****and **** lasted longer. I think you should skydive - just set a date and do it. I would like to do it again.

Your dad and your uncle are too cool! I think a tandem jump would be an excellent reward for hitting your weight loss goal, so definitely do that!

Everyone was shocked I went by myself. Number one question when people found out I was going was “Who with?” I’m apparently…unusual. Have you started actively making the plans yet?

Hey now… the ‘How you doin’?’ thread is down the hall. But you reminded me - there is a video easily found on the internets with two people gettin’ jiggy while skydiving. It looked awkward and distracting to me. And I thought surely there must have been a way they could have turned her harness around the other way? Maybe not less distracting but surely less awkward! Anyway - with my newly acquired experience I can also surmise that in addition to being awkward and distracting it must also have been very uncomfortable. Those harnesses are kinda pinchy, tight and uncomfortable even with a clothing barrier.

My pleasure. I’m glad it went well for you and you had such a good time! Freefall is quite an experience, that’s for sure. There’s nothing like it.

Awesome sauce. Happy birthday!