I just found out about sheet masks

Or hang out backstage at the Opera.

Here’s another question: why are these things only sold online and not in stores (seemingly)? I went to the websites of Walgreens, CVS and Target, who carry a lot of different brands but none of them are sold in the stores. You can buy mud-type mask stuff that you smear on your face yourself in the store, but not the sheet masks. (I didn’t try actual beauty product stores because I’m not interested in going into such a store due to embarrassment.)

I have 2 WAGs: one is that the boxes take up too much space for the cost of the item, so they don’t want them on the shelves; the other is that they’ve tried it and for some reason they don’t sell off the shelves as well as they do online. But I’m still curious as to the real reason(s). I’m an instant-gratification kind of guy and I was hoping to pick some up instead of waiting for delivery.

They’re a bog-standard item in Asian grocery stores in Toronto. At least, any Asian store that has a skin care aisle.

Will wearing one make you immune to face recognition software? I’m not planning anything nefarious, I just wondered.

I first heard about them a few weeks ago when someone wrote into Ask a Manager to find out if it was okay to use them at the office (no). I had actually seen a few pictures of them on Twitter before then but the posters suggested the pics were from a horror movie.

Target, for sure, carries them. They have at least 3 different brands. Walmart has them, too.

I don’t think they really do a whole lot. They are just the trend of the day. I don’t think they do any more or less than a moisturizer does.

I don’t know what a CPAP mask exactly entails, but I would think it’s going to do anything if a moisturizer hasn’t helped.

If you want something to have a better effect, I’d suggest going to an esthetician and getting a skin peel or dermabrasion.

If you want to buy them off the shelf, hit an Asian grocery, you’ll see plenty to choose from, usually right by the check out. Good Luck!