I just found out Long John silvers has a sunday buffet option

When I lived in Indiana we loved captain D’s but it wasn’t a seafood town as it and h.salt went out of biz around the same time never ate there til they came here and moved in with kfc
Kfc actually had a buffet in my family’s home town back east it was on wheels but it was all you can eat chicken

All 3 kinds and mlld hot and honey BBQ wings …and all the sides t hey had at the time and even added potato and macaroni salad

Wonder if they have that here …I can eat pounds of their fried clams…

A quick search shows that 1 piece of their batter cod has 40% of the USRDA of sat fat.
As for why it didn’t make the list - I dunno - maybe too small a chain?

Funny thing tho the ljs back east is now part A&W

That might be true since yum! Decided to merge some of it’s smaller chains in with pizza hut or kfc and occasionally taco Bell to save on space

Near Disney Land there’s a kfc/taco bell combo that had “fried chicken burritos” as a managers special it was a really huge hit …? They just cut up the kfc leftovers and thew in the veg and beans from taco Bell

It had a crispy or reg option and you could have coleslaw added or the nacho cheese or all of it they called that the “southern”

Oh and if you want to see a analysis of how healthy restaurant food is go to site called " Eat this! Not that!

They love putting out lists of what’s the best and worst places you can eat out at …

High in trans fat, but calories ain’t too bad, considering. 280 for that piece of deep fried fish. Shit, that’s a lot better than I thought. A quarter pounder with cheese from McD’s gives you 66% of your saturated fat for the day. (Of course, it’s about calorically equal to two fried pieces of cod.) Or, to give you a better idea, that’s about the same or less saturated fat than you would get from a Dunkin Donut. Ain’t great, but not particularly egregious, IMHO.

Yum! bought LJS and A&W in 2000, and started doing various combinations within one restaurant soon after. However, Yum! then sold off both LJS and A&W in 2011 (to two different new owners). Given that, Yum! is probably not actively building combo restaurants with LJS or A&W any longer, though there may still be some old ones (i.e., built before they sold off those two brands) out there.

I would never even consider healthy eating while choosing Long John Silvers. I mean, I eat there almost never, but it’s definitely a treat if I get it. Any kind of fried fish is a treat to me; I hardly ever eat fried foods.

Right. I’d certainly not make LJS part of a heart-healthy diet. It’s about as bad as McD’s. BUT- it’s hardly the least healthy fast food around.

An all-you-can-eat deal is way better than a buffet, because presumably they make it up fresh when you ask for more. No fried fish sitting in bins over a steam tray.

Mmm… fried fish…

Yeah that is what this is, it is all you can eat, not a buffet (I didn’t know there was a difference, but I guess so).

So I assume all you can eat is you get a particular meal, and when you’re done you can have more whereas a buffet is a dozen or more food items sitting out you can eat as much of as you want.

Yeah, this is all you can eat. Everything was made fresh. If I do it again I’ll probably eat a ton of hush puppies and chicken strips though.

I’m old enough to remember when they used to serve beer. Oh, what an age.