I just got accepted to NYU. I'm 32 years old.

I’m doing an Associate of Applied Science in Recording & Music Technology at Madison Media Institute.

The coursework involves ProTools, Reason, Logic, Cubase as well as studio mixing and basic mastering, live sound engineering, digital musicianship and sound design. The program is very hands on, and the facilities are amazing. It’s a very project based curriculum, and you also work hand in hand with the video students on film audio and the like. You take the ProTools cert at the end of the 3rd or 4th semester.

It’s a 4 16-week semesters (16 months total), so I’ll be starting in Feb 2010, going year-round and finishing in June of 2011

Have I ever. I unfortunately haven’t been accepted yet, although in all fairness I’ve only applied once. Maybe next year. Congrats for getting in!

Congratulations!

I was only in my mid-twenties when I went back for my second BA, but I was also in a program for nontraditionally-aged students. I had a lot more in common with them than the regular students, and the program made it all so much easier.

Good luck.