I just got back from the emergency vet clinic; my dog is dead.

I’m so sorry. It’s the hardest thing we have to do as pet parents. I had to put my black Lab Lucy down a year and a half ago. She was 14.

Sorry, Mrs. Gap, Kitty and I send hugs.

Poor puppy, but you did the right thing. The worst thing for a dog is to be miserable without being able to understand why.
I’m glad you got to hold him. He knew you loved him and you were doing this for his own good.

What a price we pay to love them.

Offering my condolences, alphaboi.

Oh, my gosh, what a terrible time you both had. I’m so very sorry. :frowning: Please don’t let guilt overwhelm you. When I had to euthanize my beloved 19-year-old soul mate cat, someone told me that it’s a choice to take on their pain rather than to let them suffer it. It helped a little.

It still hurts to let go, but 18 is a ripe old age for a dog. They only get that old with the best care.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I am terribly sorry. I’ve been there and it hurts. It gets better and you were lucky to have each other.

I’m so sorry, I’ve had to say goodbye to several pets and recently lost my 2 oldest cats who were 21. Even when you have an older pet and you start thinking they won’t be around forever, it doesn’t make it any easier when it happens.
Max was lucky to have had you to look after him over his life.

I’m very sorry for your loss, alphaboi867.

I know how fiercely loyal and protective a minidox is, and how hard it can be to let go.

I’m sorry for your loss. Now go rescue another dog; there’s one nearby who needs you.

I’m so very sorry. Dogs, they leave such a hole in your heart when they leave this world.

Thank you everyone.

It’ll be awhile before I’m ready to get another dog, but he/she will be a rescue; likely from the same agency Max came from.

My dachshund Mauser and I send condolences. Eighteen is a good old age, you obviously took fantastic care of Max.

Thank you. I just picked up his ashes from the clinic. They also made an impression of his paw; I wasn’t expecting that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Condolences. When my boy Brewster died, the vet also gave me a cast of his paw. I was very touched.

Condolences. Such a hard thing to go through. Best wishes.