I just want to say how grateful I am for this board

I really appreciate the mature and down to earth atmosphere of this board. It’s a welcome respite from the seemingly constant anger that has infected the rest of the internet. Keep doing what you guys are doing.

Personally I haven’t noticed all that much absence of anger around here, but I will say that at least most of us value not allowing anger to stop a conversation from being intelligent and rational. And of course we all like to unwind with a little earnest factual nitpicking. :grin:

And that’s half the battle.

I don’t know, three posts and I think I see two missing commas. Of course, I like to use commas.

Me fail english? That’s unpossible.

I’m going to just give a nakedly sycophantic shout out to the SDMB @moderators for their excellent service as guardrails around here, too !

I for one welcome and appreciate our guardrail overlords!

Oh, and welcome to the board.

16 days is early yet, HorribleMutantBoy.

Welcome.

Been lurking for much longer though.

I know you are but what am I?

I think it’s most of it.

Anger can be extremely useful. The trick is using it in a useful fashion, instead of in a way that makes matters worse.

Cite for where commas are missing? Also, in your first sentence, the phrase “I don’t know” and the rest of it are two discrete statements, sufficiently distant in their logical continuity that a comma is not a sufficiently strong demarcation. You should have either used a semicolon or, throwing caution to the winds, just put in a period and made it two sentences. It’s excusable in casual writing, of course, but here at the Dope, we ain’t never casual.

I’m not wearing pants.

Film at 11.

I don’t think they’re the OP’s. Kimstu arguably could have used a comma after “Personally”, and another one after “And of course.”

From your proclamation in post #6, you’re apparently not wearing anything.

This has “Kentucky Fried Movie” written all over it !

LOL !

[raises hand] When is it appropriate to use a comma after a conjunction such as “or”?

~Max

In 19th century titles.

Frankenstein; Or, The Modern Prometheus

Little Women; Or, Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy

Oliver Twist; Or, The Parish Boy’s Progress

When “or” is not being used as a coordinating conjunction, but to demarcate an introductory clause (“throwing caution to the winds”).