I Liked Dickie Roberts!

Well, I did.

I suppose that going in with very low expectations made it a lot easier to actually like this film, but as silly as it was I was actually laughing out loud at several points.

What really made it worthwhile, though, was the collection of former child actors and actresses that made an appearance. Aside from several in the actual movie, over the end credits there is a “We Are the World” type parody that has a collection of former child performers singing a song about being former child actors.

Hearing Maureen McCormick sing, for example, that if one more person calls her “Marcia” she’s going to “break their fucking head” almost had me in tears. I did not recognize all the performers, however. We were given the name and show of the ones that had a solo verse, but of the 20 or 30 people singing, I’d estimate that they only identified half of them.

Does anyone have a link to a site that has a picture of this group and their identities? The official website is of no help in this matter.

The one that really blew me away was an older balding gentleman with glasses that was singing. He sort of looked familiar… then we find out he’s Barry Livingston, who played Ernie on My Three Sons! There’s a name I haven’t seen since the 60’s or 70’s, whenever that show was on. Wow!

I can assure you that you are in a very distinct and small minority.

Normally, I take pride in being in a very distinct and small minority. :slight_smile:

In this case, however, how true is that? I saw the movie at a midnite show Saturday night, so the theater was maybe a quarter full, but most of the rest of the audience seemed to be laughing even more (and louder) than I was.

I see that Dickie Roberts was the number one movie this weekend. Was my audience so unusual? Did everyone else not like it?

Me and my son just saw it (we waited til it got to the dollar theater)
And he loved it!
Loud laughing (from my son, there were only 5 other people there)
I liked the story and the happy ending.

About the former stars singing at the end, I had NO idea that was Charlene Tilton! It looked so different from what she used to! wo!(not a good thing either)