I love my new Kitchenaid mixer!

And I love my mom and sister for giving it to me for Christmas! :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

(incidentally, they got it from Amazon, a factory-refurbished model that is in every way indistinguishable from new)

It’s a stand mixer - 6-qt, bowl lift, and I got a cover and a pour-shield for it from other family members. I’ve only had it a week, and I’m crazy about it. I haven’t used the dough-hook yet, but boy, can that thing make cake batter and cookie-dough!

Just wondering how many other Doper cooks have one, and if they love theirs as much as I do mine. :smiley:

I love my “cement mixer”! The first thing I did with it was Seven Minute Icing - the really thick white cooked icing - and it was a dream.

I’ve had mine for years and I’ll never go back to a MixMaster.

Well, what color is it?

I love my KitchenAid. I am the baker of the family and I have never made better bread or cookies in my life.

The cookie dough came together so easily that I made way too many cookies for Christmas (thank goodness for my treadmill - my second favorite appliance :D).

Plain white. The shiny red ones are prettier, but this one’s just fine.

Mine is named Matilda. We have a loving relationship.

I got her for Christmas three years ago, from my inlaws. I started unwrapping the box, and I apparently made alarming, high-pitched, screamy excited noises. I got through 100lbs of flour in a month and a half. I love baking bread. I love baking almost everything.
Bless my inlaws.

I have my great-great-grandmother’s Kitchen-Aid (I think that’s right; my grandmother’s grandmother) and it still runs a beaut! I’m thinking about getting the cord looked at, just to make sure it’s all safey-safe and maybe to put a new, modern plug on it. But I love my Kitchen-Aid, although I admit I don’t use it as much as I’d like. But when I do use it, I’m ever so grateful for it - there’s just no good substitute!

I inherited my aunt’s KitchenAid years ago, and wouldn’t use another brand. On the list for this next few years is a newer model, with the sausage-making attachments!

I got my KitchenAid for Christmas when I was in high school. Best gift I ever got.

Susan

I think it really says something about the quality of KitchenAid that this group, who have had knock down, drag out fights over which way the TP should hang, universally love the mixer.

While I love my KitchenAid mixer (and I do) I love my Cuisinart food processor more. Since I use it more. Not that it’s “better” in any way. Jeez. I wouldn’t want to hurt the mixer’s feelings.

On the other hand, I got a KitchenAid gas range and dishwasher for Christmas, more or less, my Maytag dishwasher (known as Spawn of Satan for some time) and my crapola Maytag range decided to stop contributing to the family that had fed and sheltered them for years, so out they went. No regrets. None, not one. At present they are working as deck adornments, until some strong and husky people remove them to the box of the pickup whereupon they will go to the dump and not a moment too soon. Not much worth recycling, sadly enough. The oven racks and burner grates, but the rest is junk.

I have high hopes that the new appliances will, as they say, see me out. A trifle lowering, that thought, but one does ponder on New Years Day. This one does, at any rate.

Happy Cooking, to all.

I am so envious. I have a stand mixer that my in-laws bought me two years ago, and it’s sort of adequate, but not nearly what I want. I got my Cuisinart processor that same year, so it’s gotten me by in a pinch, but I want a Kitchenaid mixer. A blue one.

I have a wedding anniversary coming up this month, so perhaps I’ll start begging now. :wink:

Just be careful with the attachments.

Ivylad got one for Father’s Day about two years ago. He loves it. His current thing is grinding his own sirloin and chuck to make hamburger meat.

I knitted a cover for it. It was way too big. So the top of the cone is flopped over toward the back so no one can see it’s way too big.

I got mine from my grandmother. It’s older than I am, and the only problems I have are very minor: The metal plate for holding the mixing bowl has worn out, and I can’t currently use my dough hook, because the bowl starts turning with the dough; and the hinge pin is about 40% out of the stand.

You can take it from me when you pry it from my dead, floury fingers. :smiley:

/jealous!

I’d love a Kitchenaid mixer, especially since I got Nigella Lawson’s How to be a Domestic Goddess for Christmas, but don’t have enough bench space. I wouldn’t mind red but I really have my heart set on the apple green one that I can’t find anywhere in Australia.

I’m also kind of miffed that they’re $300-350ish in the US when they’re $550-600 here.

Mine’s cobalt blue and beyoo-tiful. I made dozens of gingerbread people for Christmas with it. I am slightly miffed that they came out with a purple one (my favorite color) a while after I got mine. I need to get some more attachments for it.

Well, I’d say you could order one and have it shipped to me, and I’ll get it shipped it to you, but by the time you pay me for the shipping to Australia, it’d probably be about the same - those suckers are HEAVY! :slight_smile:

Mine too, which is cool because I don’t think they make it in cobalt blue anymore. At least, I don’t see cobalt among their available colors.

That’s all very repairable. The thing that holds the bowl is called a “bowl lock plate” and costs about fifteen bucks. Hinge pins are also cheap and easy.

Give them a call at 1-800-334-6889 and they can hook you up with a good repair shop in your area.

Just for the sake of completeness, I’ve got a 6-quart “pro” model - probably the same one the OP got, in “Licorice” - a satin pearlescent black that can hide a bit of dust, unlike the gloss black that shows everything.