I’m looking for scientific statements of fact

To get expand and clarify the title;
I’m looking for simple, preferably single line, statements of fact that are accurate and true but deceptively and woefully incomplete.
For example, the universe is flat.
Accurate, factual and true, but very lacking and could very easily be taken as an extension or part of flat earth conspiracy(maybe, I’m not very well informed on that particular flavor of woo)

Atoms generally don’t have electrons.

Atoms in solids, liquids, or gases have electrons. But these states of matter only predominate at the local level. In the universe as a whole, most atoms are in the plasma state with the electrons separated from the rest of the atoms.

2 + 2 = 5 for certain values of 2 and 5.

Gravity is understood.

I think therefore I am.

A gallon of gasoline contains more hydrogen than a gallon of liquid hydrogen.

It takes more energy to launch a rocket into the Sun that it takes to launch one out of the solar system.

There is no such thing as a fish.

And vice versa, iirc.

Many dinosaurs survived the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction.
OR
Cavemen definitely co-existed with dinosaurs.

And: 200 years ago 11 was prime.

Can you confirm that you edited that so i don’t
get mod-whacked for changing a quote please ?!

Current polio outbreaks in developed nations are due to virus shed by vaccinated people.

What this means is that immigrants from places still using the oral polio vaccine (which is not used in the U.S. and other western countries) have shed weakened, vaccine-strain virus which has entered and been detected in sewage, and infected a small number of persons lacking adequate vaccine protection. What antivaxers are deceptively shouting is “vaccines caused this!”.

Smoking does not cause lung cancer.

“Most animals have wings.”

Because counting by individuals, most animals are insects.

Ok the way that’s worded seems to refer to interest rates but my brain wants to reject that(i dunno, in favor of fish and trees maybe?) so it is refering to interest rates, yes?

I’m not sure that holds up. Most animals are actually arthropods, and not all insects have wings, for instance only about 8% of ants do.

Except for California, which has legally defined bees as fish.

So, bees are fish

I took it differently. That 200 years ago 11 was prime doesn’t mean that 11 wasn’t prime 400 years ago, or today, or 200 years from now.

Like, “Yesterday, the sun rose in the east.” It implies that that is a unique situation, but doesn’t actually say so.

Have you asked Wanda?