I need a catchy name

The animal rescue group I volunteer for is planning on purchasing a new animal transportation vehicle (read - minivan or similar) with some grant money we’re hoping to get. We have to give it some kind of name: both for the grant proposal, and also for its own promotional sake. The catchier, the better - if it sticks in people’s heads, they’ll remember us when they start looking for a pet to adopt!

Our name is R.E.S.C.U.E. (it stands for Reducing Euthanasia at Shelters through Commitment and Underlying Education - a bit of a mouthful, but it does sum up exactly what we are trying to do). The vehicle will be used to pick animals (dogs and cats) up at the pounds, transport them around our system - from veterinary and grooming appointments to adoption centers and boarding facilities and vice versa.

The name we have so far is “R.E.S.C.U.E. Pet Shuttle”. Ooo - that’s memorable… The grant proposal is due this Friday (Feb 23). If you come up with something even slightly better than what we have now, please post it!

Thanks!
Julie

The only thing that comes to mind would be to put “MOBILE” in smaller italics in front of the R.E.S.C.U.E. I trust the your establishment does have an office of some sort that has the name on the front.

I will think some more on it, and maybe come up with something better, and more catchy. That was the best I could do for now. Hope it helps, and good luck.

Normally I would never suggest this. Buy a Ford Ranger and call it the Rescue Ranger. Everybody like chipmonks.

You know, we DON’T have an office. Or a shelter or anything else. We operate three PETsMART Luv-a-Pet centers, and that’s how we do our adoptions. We board animals at veterinary hospitals, public kennels, and foster homes. We’re really poor (well, as an organization, anyway). We have no full-time employees and only two part-time employees - even our Founder and Executive Director (one & the same) is part-time, and that just recently. We have committee meetings at volunteers’ houses. Even so, in just six years, we’ve grown to be the biggest no-kill organization in the Phoenix area, and we’ve done nearly 6000 adoptions during that time: all of them pound rescues, and all of the ones in the last three or four years euthanasia list rescues. Needless to say, we’re bustin’ proud of this!

If anybody wants more information about us, check us out here.

Thanks for your input - that’s better than what we had before!

Julie

What in holy hell? What do you have against the Youth in Asia at Shelter?

:smiley:
Hmm… Dunno what to tell you, this one is kinda tough. Try getting a range rover, the name works on sssooo many levels. The R.E.S.C.U.E. Ranger, Rover, etc.

For some strange reason, I doubt we could get a grant that would let us pay for a Range Rover… :slight_smile:

As for the Ranger idea, much as I like, it, we can’t use a pick-up truck. Too dangerous. It’s gotta be a van, minivan, or SUV. But there’s no reason we can’t call one of those a R.E.S.C.U.E. Ranger even so…

I, personally, have nothing against Youth in Asia. I understand that adults in Asia are not quite as pleased with them. :wink:

You know, since you operate those Luv-a-Pet centers, you could always go with the LUV MACHINE!

Okay, maybe not. How about the Critter Gitter?

Animobile?

Furry Courier?

Delivery Stable?