I need a game level editor

I’ve done levels for different games, like Quake II, Doom, Unreal, Unreal Tournament 2004, Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter, City of Heroes and Star Trek Online, so I have an idea about how different level editors work. I know how to use QuArK and Unreal Ed, along with proprietary editors in MMOs.

With that in mind, what I’m looking for is a good racing game with a track creation editor. I have a friend who lives for racing, and I want to convert local streets to racing courses for him as a first project, so I need a good general editor that works like UnrealEd.

Is there a game in the racing genre that has a good editor? or do I need to look to a mod like Unreal racing? I didn’t go there first since there is no throttle control and no support for a steering wheel and pedals. Does anything like this even exist?

Didnt GTA or Midnight Club have an editor?

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=1053

The various versions of Trackmania are known for having good editors. People make all kinds of crazy tracks.

It used to be free on steam but that’s not the case anymore. I have Trackmania Valley. There’s a bunch of other versions of the game too though.