I need cleaning help: NEED URGENTLY

Funny how you get over that stage so quickly once you start actually cleaning that thing regularly. :slight_smile:
Merry Christmas, Louis! (And everyone else!) Hope this works out for you! (And everything else!)

I hope I may be forgiven for resurrecting this dead thread; I just wanted to say that to my eye, I’ve gotten it clean; I used the SoftScrub & wet paper towel combo plus a lot of elbow grease over about three days; the Magic Eraser thing didn’t hurt, either.
My sister will return tomorrow; she will do white glove inspection and I’ll have to come clean about what happened.

Happy New Year to all Dopers everywhere.

Glad that worked for you!

Yay! Here’s hoping it passes the WGT. Happy New Year to you too!

Glad to hear that something worked. Happy New Year.

I’m sorry I just saw this. If you think there’s anything left, I clean mine by spraying it with easy-off oven cleaner and leaving it overnight. Never harmed it and it’s just an easy (if smelly) wipe in the morning.

May your 2010 be happier!

Hope it worked out…but now I know I will never get a glass-topped stove, ever. I clean my stove with Brillo pads and it looks like brand new. It never even occured to me how tough it would be to clean a glass top!

Well, I picked my sister up at the airport on Saturday and let her get all the way home before I 'fessed up; she bent over the eye and checked it out from every direction and pronounced it okay; she even said she wouldn’t have known about it if I hadn’t told her. So, it might just be a Happy New Year after all. I confess I was a little miffed when she showed me one of those flat razor blade scrapper devices and told me that was what she used on bad stuck on stuff. This, after threatening me with death if I were to use such a device. But all’s well that ends well; so thanks again for all the assistance and encouragement.

I used to think this, then I got one - now I’m back to a regular stove, and I want my glass-topped one back.

I had one for years. They are easier to keep clean than a stove with burners. They are one uniform flat surface that you just wipe over with a squirt of cleaner and a paper towel. If I spilled stuff I scraped it off with the razor blade scraper provided. Years later it looked like new.

Ooohhhhh. :smack:

Good thing I’m not local to him. :slight_smile: