I Need To Brag

I usually am not the bragging type…but, this is really neat. My four year old son, without any workbooks, flashcards, or tutoring is starting to sound out words to read them! I am so amazed! I have no idea how he learned this, since he doesn’t watch tv and we haven’t bought him any learning to read computer programs or anything like that. He started “reading” words by sight at 3, and he can already recognize all the numbers up to 999.

I am just speechless over how smart he is, since this is the kid I “knew” would turn out retarded because I smoked pot and droped acid around the time he was (accidently) concieved. I am so lucky to have been blessed with such a smart, healthy child.

So, does anyone else have anything to brag about? Go on, no need for modesty here. :slight_smile:

Tatortot: sounds like a true Godsend. Congratulations!

About all I can think of right now is that my company has seen three layoffs since I’ve been there, and I sailed through each one.

Oh yeah, and Ayesha thinks I’m cute. :wink:

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Well… as long as we are bragging here… my son is pretty awesome as well… after many trials and tribulations, he is starting to say more words every day and his sign language is getting better every day too!!!

oh yeah… and Sealemon thinks I’m cute!!

I am me… accept it or not.

Congrats to all!!! and hey Sue…I think your cute too!!! =)

–Freezing cold in Calgary

Sue, I’m so happy that your son is doing so well! And of course, as mothers, we get to take all the credit. :wink:

And I’m glad that everybody thinks you’re cute (sure wish somebody would say I’m cute)!

always ready to score an easy one

Tatertot, have I told you you’re very cute ?

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Coldfire thinks I’m cute! Tonight I’m going to tell my husband that a European Man of Mystery told me that I’m “very cute”. Of course, we’ll just leave out the part where I fished for the compliment :wink:

Coldfire, I think that you are cute, too. And Donj, your cute, even when frozen.

Hey, let’s change this to the “Who’s Cute?” thread!

Wow ! I think I might change my sig for that !!!
Coldfire; the European Man of Mystery :slight_smile:

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I think ALL of you are cute! :smiley:

blushes at tatertots compliment A few more nice comments like that just might start defrosting me.

8^)

Thanks orangecakes, I think you’re pretty cute, too!

Back to my OP, today my son actually acknowledged that I am the boss. Could these four years of discipline finally have paid off? I don’t know, but I’ve been having a great couple of days!