I no longer laugh at Dilbert, but sometimes I cry...

Does he ever tell you to “make like a tree and get out of here” or that your jokes are “about as funny as a screen door on a battleship”?

I belive I’ve seen Clouds of Altercation in early Popeye cartoons. They usually culminate in Popeye getting beat up, the theme song playing, and Popeye eating a can of spinach.

I can’t get past the fact that he calls you “Princess.”

Around here, instead of “assholes and elbows”, we say “balls to the wall”. How’s that for some imagery.

You should not tolerate this. Professional people should be addressed in a professional manner. You should not respond to that name, and politely but firmly ask that he stop. If he persists, and if your company is large enough to have an HR department, you should report him to HR for creating a hostile work environment.

I think the Tasmanian Devil “Taz” was a one-critter, self-generating Cloud of Altercation.

And sorry, Djurmz, for your problems at work. My sympathies.

I’ve also heard “head down and ass up.” And not in a sexual way, either.

Sorry, Malacandra, but I don’t see anything lovely about “Andy Capp.” Yes, Flo beat her husband sometimes, too. They were completely dysfunctional. It might have been very realistic, but not particularly lovely.

Ditto that. There’s a sexual harassment lawsuit just begging to happen.

There is one about not knowing your ass from Page 8.

No, I don’t know why it’s “Page 8.” Poor Page 8; always mistaken for an ass, never gets any respect…

You got that right. :smiley:

I once had a boss that called the male employees “puppies” and the females “kittens”. :rolleyes:

As opposed to Page Three? :slight_smile: (And no, I’m not linking to it.)

I loathed that cartoon, even when I was a kid. I found it completely unfunny. Is it gone? I haven’t see it for lo these many years.

I remember an early Garfield comic strip used the Cloud of Altercation. Jon had a roommate for a while, a friend who needed a temporary place to stay. Said friend asked Jon “does it hurt to rub a cat backwards?”

He proceeded to rub Garfield against the grain of his fur, and the third panel was the CoA, with heads, teeth, and claws coming out. In the fourth panel Garfield is stomping angrily away, and the friends suit is shredded and he’s all cut up. The guy answers his own question. “Yup!”

The friend was named Lyman, and when he arrived at Jon’s house he brought his dog with him, Odie. Odie stayed when Lyman left.

I have thicker skin than that. Give me some credit, this is the least of my worries.

The original cartoonist, Reg Smythe, died in 1998, but others have kept it going since, alas: Andy Capp - Wikipedia

The problem with that is, once the report is made, Djmurz has made an openly antagonistic mood, and from that point until the matter is resolved by HR, he will make things very uncomfortable for her.

You have my sympathy, Djmurz. That “Princess” shit is outrageous.

I’d be willing to put a bullet in your boss’s head if you would put a bullet in my boss’s head.

If I was completely annoyed by the “Princess” business (I’d be more likely to think it was funny, but it depends on who’s saying it and how), I’d make it MY business to work on ways to respond to it to get a response out of him.
“Morning, Viscount.”
“Morning, Mr. Whatever.” (I don’t call anyone Mr. anything at work, ever.)
“Morning, Lord of all He Surveys.”
In other words, I’d be having fun at his expense, if he wasn’t able to lighten up. If he is able to, then we’d both be having fun.

Then why did you say it makes you “want to punch him in the face”?

Sounds like somebody’s got a case of the Mondays.