I no longer laugh at Dilbert, but sometimes I cry...

That’s just brutal.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. I’m a guy, so the Princess thing is more ridiculous than it is insulting.

The ‘punch him in the face’ is my suppressed reaction to dealing with someone who attacks me with his idiocy on all fronts on a daily basis. He has no idea he causes this rage in me. He is clueless and innocent. I’m not mad at him, I’m mad at the futility of dealing with stupid bosses. Does HR take complaints against futility? (Don’t answer that question…it is rhetorical)

ED, you might think you’re making a joke, but he actually has said both of those things at some point. He also has said things like “you’re singing to the choir” and “If I had a nickel for that one time I…”

Oh. Sorry I misread your gender. I took the “Princess” thing as pretty conclusive proof you were female. And frankly, if you’re a guy and someone calls you “Princess” on a routine basis and he’s still got teeth in his mouth–well, you may be to blame for your own problems.

Honestly, you should be mad at him. Don’t let him off the hook like that, because I guarantee you he’s more aware of his shit than you think. My experience is that assholes aren’t accidental assholes–they’re assholes because they want to be assholes. It’s a choice. And if you don’t place responsibility with him, you’re enabling it. Wise up.

“It’s as plain as the nose on the end of my finger!” (while yelling at me)

“Remember, little things come in small packages.”

• my mom.
    Bless her.

…and speaking of Dilbert. I only needed the first panel of the strip today. I didn’t read the other two.