No, it’s a related thought that assumes its conclusion, and makes you look stupid.
No, it’s a related thought that assumes its conclusion, and makes you look stupid
![]()
I don’t think it makes people seem stupid when they make sloppy arguments when dismissing Fascism, which happens all the time; it just makes them seem dismissive of Fascism. I don’t think Socialism deserves much more consideration than Fascism does in that sense. But I’m happy to explain in more depth if needed, as I did.
We all find different things stupid. Personally, I think statements like “I am anti-Capitalist” make a person seem unbelievably stupid.
I think it’s more stupid to assume someone being anticapitalist means they are a socialist.
I think it’s more stupid to assume someone being anticapitalist means they are a socialist
Where exactly did I say you were a Socialist? You’ve made it perfectly clear you aren’t a Socialist in other threads. Doesn’t make you anti-Capitalism any less moronic.
you
Your* missed edit window.
Where exactly did I say you were a Socialist?
Oh, sure, when you say things like:
Obviously no state is 100% Capitalist nor 100% Socialist
in immediate reply to me, that’s in no way you linking me to socialism* ![]()
I guess you’d already used you quota of “tankie” for the day or something. Funny how such a “liberal” resorts to Mccarthyist language as their insult of choice.
* NTTAWWT
Babs echoes some of the weakest corporate-media talking-points attacks on AOC I’ve ever seen, from the Wall Street Journal here:
AOC has been brought up, although I’m not sure if she’s planning a run in 2028. If she is, she’d better brush up on her foreign policy first; she was in Munich to show off her foreign policy chops, but it was a bit of a fumble, with her flubbing a question about Taiwan: https://www.wsj.com/opinion/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-taiwan-china-munich-security-conference-4c907430?gaa_at=eafs&gaa_n=AWEtsqf28ntH51Vc0y5Fl6tW2vAQjBWPeUPejY8TnM0rTLRA4oF2Ue6fSPsIvAq3ISk%3D&gaa_ts=6993d590&gaa_sig=SofZiC6sEvknm…
Oh no, she gave a generic answer! And Babs is concerned she may not have the foreign policy chops! Thanks you so much for bringing this important issue to our attention. We surely can’t survive if Democratic politicians give generic answers to questions!
I am certainly aware that the same media that sanewashes Trump’s incoherence into unrecognizability has been presenting all of AOC’s recent on-mike answers with every tiny hesitation and restatement transcribed. It’s almost as if they have a particular bias in these matters.
Fortunately most people are smart enough to notice this.
Show of hands, who thinks they actually can be sure that if China attacked Taiwan that Trump would commit troops?
Show of hands,
It seems there are no hands but plenty of crickets…
Babs loves the ADL, an organization that defended Elon Musk’s Nazi salutes and has praised Trump for supposedly fighting antisemitism:
That sounds a lot like slander of the ADL. In my experience, they do amazing and very needed work calling out actual anti-Semites.
I’m pretty sure he’s halfway to MAGA, if he’s not already there. He still hasn’t admitted how dumb he was to support Trump and Hegseth’s failed war against Iran.
Occasionally I make the mistake of thinking it’s possible to have a serious conversation with him, and I end up feeling like Charlie Brown wondering why I keep trying to kick the football.
Occasionally I make the mistake of thinking it’s possible to have a serious conversation with him,
OK bud. You keep believing that “My Daddy Jewish, My Momma Jewish” over there is a real Jewish organization if you want. I thought we were having a serious conversation, until you came out with that “maybe he reposted a mystery tweet that was never posted by anyone else first” idiocy. It’s amazing to me that the guy literally did the meme with the dishonest “as a Jew” Jewashing of anti-Zionism and there are Jewish people willing to run cover for that; but I guess it really really shouldn’t be surprising.
I am just thankful that I’ve only ever met one person like that in the real world. So far, such idiocy is relegated to the internet.
So you’re all about Musk and Trump now, just like the ADL, right? How about Iran, chickenshit? Still afraid to even mention it?
Imagine the level of cowardice to be afraid to talk about a certain topic while anonymous on the internet…
I propose a Pit-only unit of cowardice, the babale. 1 babale (bab for short) = the level of cowardice to be afraid to talk about one’s position on a topic even while anonymous on the internet. This is far beyond your normal everyday cowardice.
Afraid to tell a loved one the truth about their hygiene? That’s just 0.001 babs.
Hiding from a draft? 0.1 babs or so.
The average GOP member of the House or Senate? Maybe half a bab. Pretty bad, but not a full babale.
Your particular kind of idiocy, in contrast, is only found on the internet, in that you constantly hijack the real-world discussion to talk about things that happened on the internet. I’m providing clear evidence based mostly but not entirely on personal experience that many members of JVP are deeply rooted in the Jewish community, and your response is “but the guy literally did the meme!” At that point, it’s either disengage or try to follow you down whatever weird rabbit hole of “cites” you’re relying on, and I’m going with option A.
Well, it was stupid of me to think that a discussion that started with you calling me a racist was ever going to be productive.
When anti-Zionists feel emboldened enough to drop the “Zionist” fig leaf and come after you for being a Jew, you will always be welcome in Zionist communities. I hope it doesn’t come to that in our lifetime, but I wouldn’t count on it.
Until then, goodbye.
When MAGA fascists chase you away, you’ll be welcome back to the land of the sane. Maybe at that point you’d be willing to admit how dumb the war with Iran has been?
I think he has you on ignore.
He says he does, but I know for a fact he often reads my posts.