I pit DrDeth

Of course it is! And when the target failed to use the “common language”, they then stepped it up to insisting very sternly.

Does the term “e.g” mean anything at all to your “just asking questions” tiny feeble brain, without an original thought?? That was a example of the sort of thing cultural genocide encompasses. We were not discussing the Canadian situation in specific.

Stop JAQing off.

Psychological harm doesn’t count, huh? The Genocide Convention does not agree with you.

Stop downplaying that horrible tragedy, you fucking jackass.

Who said it didn’t? They just have one definition for genocide and another for “cultural genocide”.

I did not. I was not even talking about it.

Read for comprehension.

Liar.

You were referring to one thing and one thing only.

I was not. I was defining for one poster what is considered “cultural genocide”. Really, you need to work on your reading comprehension. or are you just that stupid?

You did:

In your own words, psychological harm caused by trying to assimilate a group by force doesn’t count.

Doesn’t count as what?

Nevermind, no one is listening or reading anyway.

This is why the PIT sucks.

Have fun, bye

Mr. Deth is now so mad, he’s threadshitting about the genocide thread, except he’s doing it in the ATMB thread.

Come on, genius, it’s admissible to threadshit in the Pit. Do it there instead of ATMB and you’ll stick around longer.

32.6 thousand views.
Just sayin’ :grin:

What, you forgot that you’re saying cultural genocide does not count as genocide because there is no physical component? Again, the Genocide Convention* disagrees with you.

*Article 2(b) (bolding mine) “Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group”.

Never …

You didn’t have a problem with the Pit 8 years ago. What happened? Too many big meanies being mean to you?

Blah blah, “the only important genocide is MY genocide. The rest of you are just whiners”

That’s what this boils down to. No empathy for others. At all.

My grandfather never learned Polish from his father. I never found out whether it was a subtle cultural preference for monolingualism, which others would decry in other circumstances as “cultural imperialism” but I would not, or a less subtle declaration that Polish speakers were only good for working in the coal mines. If it were the latter, I’d recognize that that is quite different from the Holocaust, even though the psychological harm is not non-existent (nor is it large, in the case of my family).

I never learned Yiddish from my father.

But that wasn’t because anybody dragged me away from my home, told me that my parents were ignorant savages, starved me, forced me to eat rotten food, beat me if I tried to speak Yiddish, and knocked my teeth out for complaining about any of it. It wasn’t even because any powers-that-be told my father that either he or I would be punished if he taught it to me.

So I recognize that my not learning Yiddish is quite different from what’s entirely legitimately being called cultural genocide.

He says plenty of things that only make sense to himself. Why should this be any different?

He’s still hijacking the thread on unmarked graves of indigenous children, by screaming about how it’s not genocide, and WHY ARE WE ALL IN A FROTHING RAGE!!!1. We should just agree with him.

Again, it’s like the only real genocide is his genocide. It’s a special word that should be reserved for things that he approves of. To hell with it if the term cultural genocide has been around for 70 years, or that the Canadian government has said that this Canadian issue is one of cultural genocide. No no. Only HE can decide this, and if anyone diaagrees, then we must be in a FROTHING RAGE!

Fucking asshole.