I pit everyone who didn't tell me what a fatass I was

Really? He definitely looks fat to me in the first and skinny in the second. Whether the skinny he is now is healthy or not depends on his diet.

I find that my mental body image lags several years behind my actual image. When I’m fat I don’t really look all that fat to myself unless I see a photo. And then when I get thin I don’t really notice it until other people comment.

It took three years for me to finally figure out that I was tall.

He looks normal to me in the first and a tad skinny in the second. Some people are just that skinny, and some people want to be that skinny, but I don’t believe that everyone should be that skinny, as a prerequisite for health. Body types are so different.

Me too. It was right after the birth of my second child (I had two in 14 months) that my gallbladder had to be removed. That’s what it took for me to realize that I was easily 90 pounds over what I needed to be, and that it had slowly snuck (sneaked?) up me during two pregnancies. The pregnancy changes obscured the extra weight for me further.

Dude, I didn’t read your OP and don’t really care but, damn, that second pic makes you look a lot like Mathias Kom, lead singer of an awesome Canadian folk-rock band, The Burning Hell.

You don’t play a ukelele do you?

Women and men hold weight quite differently. Sometimes a woman 50 pounds overweight can look like what a man would look like at 100 pounds overweight. Probably has something to do with storing energy for pregnancy or hunter-gathererism. I’ve learned to stop trying to compare weight issues with the females. That, and penis size.

Yep. Even at my lowest weight women tended to guess I was about 20 pounds less than I was. Even now they tend to guess 20-30 pounds low.

Further evidence that the SDMB has some ideas about weight that are way off-tilt. When I look at the first picture, I see a fat dude. Not a “Holy Shit!” fat dude, but someone who should probably lose some weight. When I see the second photo, I see a kiddo whose weight looks perfectly normal and healthy to me. Not particularly skinny, I’d say.

My thoughts exactly. People (and not even just the SDMB, but a lot of people) have a very skewed idea of what a healthy weight looks like.

I was just saying to someone the other day how fat Weird Aaron’s ass was.

Agreed. I lost 20 pounds last year and people at work were causing me to worry that I was becoming anorexic, so drastic was their reaction to my weight. A trip to my doctor revealed that I’m actually a normal weight (and maybe even 5 pounds over). Vanity sizing has also fucked with us all. I like that I wear a size 2, but I’m NOT what a size 2 used to be.

I’m going to have to agree with you. The first picture is of someone who is objectively overweight. Not implying this has anything to do with character or worth or anything–I am objectively overweight. As a society, we need to get beyond the tendency to judge people based on their weight so that we can begin having frank conversations about what is healthy and what is not.

wierdaaron, congrats on your accomplishment, but I do believe you’re being overly judgmental toward yourself. Don’t be one of those people who assesses your self-worth based on what you look like.

Agree with this and Mean’s comment. Yes, in the first picture, the OP looks significantly overweight. This is no kind of value judgment on his character or whatever. It’s just a statement of fact. He looks like he’s a normal weight in the second picture. Not gaunt, not underweight, not starving to death. Just, normal.

And you can’t spell “weird,” either. Dumbass. Good work spelling “aaron,” though.

I agree. Definitely chubby in the first picture; looks way better in the second. I guess standards of beauty are somewhat subjective, but not really sure how anyone can say that he looks healthier in the first picture.

Maybe in the sense of “healthy appetite”…

It’s the Pit. At least call him a dick.

Well, maybe it’s further evidence that I have an attitude about weight that is off-tilt, not that the SDMB does. I hate that. Maybe it’s the fact that I live in SC, but many people I know are about that size. Whatever. However you are happy, you’re happy.

Ehr… yes he does? The second pic looks healthy, the first one doesn’t.

Now he just needs to learn to not flip the pictures,or wear the T-shirt straight :slight_smile:

Fair enough. It’s just when I read weight discussions around here, I often come across posts that make me go, “Juh?” I just see/read things here that have been rather uncommon in my experiences everywhere else. In any case, I’ll direct my comments toward specific posters, and not the general board from now on (maybe. Don’t quote me on this later when I do it again).

Losing all this weight has made it so much easier to wipe, I might be able to ditch the plastic wand and just use towels from now on!