I pit Hollywood Video because...

…of their latest rental changes. Used to cost .99 to rent DVDs for five days and that included new releases. Pretty sweet deal though I knew it wouldn’t last forever. That’s cool. But when it changed, it changed big: $1.99 for one night and $3.79 for five nights for new releases. Now it’s changed AGAIN. Certain new release titles (probably the more obscure releases) are ONLY available at the $3.79 for five nights level while other new releases can still be rented for one night for $1.99. Okay.

Memo to the stupid smirking motherfucking corporate types in charge of this sort of thing:

People know that prices on products and services go up. That’s natural and understandable. But they do tend to get pissed off when said increases are so drastic. Example: .99 to $3.79. Fuck you on that.

People tend to get pissed off when told they HAVE to do something a certain way…when THEY’RE the customer: “I’m sorry, but while you can rent this new release for one night for $1.99, you have to pay $3.79 for this one but you do get to keep it for five nights.” Meaning the customer has to make two trips back to the store or pay extra to keep the other rental for five nights. Fuck that too.

Look you retarded corporate assholes: keep it simple and don’t make such drastic changes. But I know all you care about is the bottom line. You don’t care that people who’ve spent 15 - 20 minutes picking out selections walk out in disgust after being told “Oh, this just started today: you’ll have to pay $1.80 more for each of those movies. Don’t need them for five days? Sorry.” You also don’t care about the poor clerk who has to put up with all the bitching. Poor bastards.

So fuck you and your nothing-else-counts-but-the-bottom-line attitude.

It’s almost like they want everyone to go to NetFlix.

[QUOTE=stegon66}People tend to get pissed off when told they HAVE to do something a certain way…when THEY’RE the customer: “I’m sorry, but while you can rent this new release for one night for $1.99, you have to pay $3.79 for this one but you do get to keep it for five nights.” Meaning the customer has to make two trips back to the store or pay extra to keep the other rental for five nights. Fuck that too.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a bitch or anything, but you also have the option of watching both movies in time to return it by the sooner deadline. It never ceases to amaze me how many people truely believe that you can’t return a video at anything but the last minute.

I agree that Hollywood’s current plan is a bit too complicated (especially for a video renting public that can barely understand the whole “you rent it, you return it” concept), but people want cheaper rentals and longer rental times and there really isn’t an easy way to do both. If Hollywood is anything like Blockbuster, they’ve got tons of signs around. Perhaps you can take the time to learn the rules of the game before you spend twenty minutes picking out a video?

hehehe. Just went back to NetFlix today! I was one of the original users, and generally liked everything about it. Then, a large grocery store near me went all out to have a decent video department, so I dropped NetFlix.

Then, thanks to BlockBusters new policies, my video store decided to lengthen their standard rentals from 2 days to seven. For the same price. Result: new releases are never available.

WooHoo…Mu que is set up and I’ll be getting movies tomorrow. :smiley:

Hey, I’m not a fucking idiot. The only indication of rental changes was at the checkout counter and it was a sign laying flat under the glass. Admittedly, this is more the fault of the store manager who should have put some sort of notice on the entrance doors.

I really felt sorry for the clerk: I got there an hour after the store opened and heard him mention that two people had already walked out due to the rental changes. Poor guy looked fed up.

I really think every asslicking corporate fuckwad should be forced to work at an entry-level position for at least a month. Maybe then they’d be more cognizant of the repercussions from their idiotic decisions.

Gosh, you mean the video store isn’t renting movies to me just to enrich my life and allow me to experience great works of art? :rolleyes: