I pit Jim1

He is making a splash in the thread about the government rebelling against the Trump presidency, making all kinds of wild claims and telling people to look it up themselves when asked for cites, so I took a peek at his profile and found A God Amongst Men!!!. “Retired systems engineer and strategic planner who mostly did work for the US federal government in the last 20 years, but also critical global systems for other national and corporate interests. Wrote contingency plans for the Department of Justice after 9/11, wrote the first draft of a airborne collision avoidance system required by the Federal Aviation Administration for all commercial aircraft in US airspace, helped re-organize the Internal Revenue Service into a “kinder and gentler” agency, implemented the Department of Defense system for distributing secure digital assets to all US and allied agencies around the world, did strategic planning for federal law enforcement communications that lead to a 2011 Presidential Initiative, and a few other things…”
I wonder if he was also married to Morgan Fairchild.

People who did those things would be remiss not to mention them in a message board profile.

No, but I hear he’s married to Morgan Freeman. :wink:

I haven’t had the privilege of seeing his oeuvre and with any luck I never will, but he certainly sounds like one of the nation’s most valuable intellectual assets in virtually every field of endeavor. We are so fortunate to have him grace us with his presence. I notice that nowhere in his awesome bio does he mention the incredible work that I’m sure he must have done for the CIA, but I’m sure there’s a good and valid reason that he can’t talk about that.

He was also the 2006 Time Person of the Year!

Hey! That’s my line!

Say, do you think George Santos…?

No, but he’s seen her naked.

Nah, he would let everyone know it was him.
But he was never married to Morgan Fairchild.

The most generous possible interpretation of these claims – stretching generosity to the breaking point – would be that he has some very narrow range of expertise that did touch on all the claimed diverse areas, but if so the involvement would have had to be very superficial, something like a technical writer. The bio as stated makes no sense whatsoever. For instance:

… wrote the first draft of a airborne collision avoidance system required by the Federal Aviation Administration for all commercial aircraft in US airspace, helped re-organize the Internal Revenue Service into a “kinder and gentler” agency …

Unless his airborne collision avoidance system provided for kinder, gentler mid-air collisions, it’s impossible to see what the first has anything even remotely in common with the second.

In a less generous interpretation, now that I’ve seen the “card” picture on his profile, he may also be exceptionally adept at sheep-fucking, though much like his CIA experience, this may not be something he’s yet ready to disclose.

Did he develop an innovative zero-gravity toilet for the International Space Station?

In my uneducated personal interpretation, Grandiose Delusional Disorder.

Grandiosity can provide a sense of purpose, belonging, or self-identity, or make sense of unusual or difficult events.

Examples cited by individuals who had beliefs such as “I work undercover for the security services” and “I am a Goddess” were being useful to society, helping others, and feeling strong, powerful, and able to achieve their potential.

I’m 65 and a retired airline pilot.

I was in junior high school, so a tween, when the first specs for that system, TCAS, were promulgated. Jim1 would have had to have been in his 40s then to have a meaningful role in anything other than handling the zeroxing of that standard.

So Jim1 is at least 90 and maybe 100.

We have always been at war with Jim1.

You waited 7 years for that. Good one! Made me lol

Somewhere, a crew of very impressed aliens has already planned its next move…

What the hell happened-Get lost on your way back from a frolfing tournament?

He’s a Lover, Not a Fighter; but he’s also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.

This guy in a kiosk engaged me about framily phone plans (framily phlans? in my defense I thought there were flans and was feeling a bit peckish), and it’s taken until now to disengage. So awkward, wow.

This would be my guess. Back before I became a lawyer, I was a technical writer, and in various jobs, I documented whatever I was asked to document. Might have been computer hardware or software or a remote device that cleaned the inside of nuclear reactors. I wrote the master formulae for a pharmaceutical manufacturer, and wrote textbooks on insurance underwriting. Hell, I can still remember how to configure a very early wi-fi system (think 1995 or 1996). Why? Because I wrote the book on it, and that book remains on my shelf to this day.

I did a lot else, but I’m not going to put myself forward as an expert in any of those fields. What I was good at was getting necessary information out of the experts, and putting it into a format and a language that users (etc.) could understand without being an expert. I was a technical writer; that was it. I sure wasn’t a chemical engineer or an insurance underwriter or any kind of expert in anything I documented. And I’d never imply that I was any kind of expert in the field I was documenting.

I cannot tell you what I did before.

I’d have to…bore you to death

I signed a clause to that effect.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth: