I pit proselytizing faithbaiters

I always wanted a Darwin fish, with the little feet. :smiley:

Unfortunately, too many folks misinterpret the exhortation of “let your light so shine” to mean: whack others over the head with a divine flashlight

Filled with the spirit, he arose and went forth, his bullhorn batteries charged, and his loincloth filled with Chick tracts. But because he was so self-righteous, the people heard him not, they Pitted him and used smileys of the rolled eyes; yea verily, he was a doofus.

Would that I could be this witty, instead of what I usually do, which is splutter and mumble and wish these people would stop it already.

The recent faithbaiting reminded me of the following sample dialog from the RPG Paranoia (2nd ed.):

Atheists can be just as bad.

You tryin’ to say Jesus Christ can’t hit a curveball?

And, verily she fell to her knees and proclaimed: Surely the peace that comes with merrriment is alive in this place! danceswithcats has humor the most large! Would that one could ever match such exalted comedy–Selah

:smiley:

Yeah, we sure get a lot of drive-by atheists crossposting secular humanist witness-spam on the board here.

I’m fairly certain that BELIEVER18 is a 'bot. A Google-search of this username brings up the exact same post made on forums from those geared to Corvette enthusiasts to Shania fans.

Nonetheless, whoever wrote, programmed, devised, invented, conceived, or put into action this waste of bandwidth deserves a sound—how-you-say, goat-fletching?

Hoodoo, I ride the NYC subway everyday. I average about 2 subway prophets a week (not including the faith-based panhandlers). It is always some sick form of born-again Christianity, shouted at the top of the prophets’ lungs. Never atheists, or Jews, or Muslims, or Buddhists, or Protestants, or Og-worshippers. Falun Gong, however, has been clogging up sidewalks, but at least they’re quiet.

Where are all these atheists who are just as bad? I want to go cheer them on like the ‘plants’ cheer on the prophets.

Let’s add a big ol’ [sic] to that, while we’re at it.

Especially when the OP is apparently a bot of some kind who NEVER COMES BACK TO THE THREAD EVER.

As for proselytizers themselves: I’ve heard of Christianity. Really I have. I used to be a Christian, many many moons ago. I gave it up. But I’ve heard of it. I know who Jesus was, and what he was about. I just don’t choose to make Christianity a part of my life. I’m not doing it out of ignorance; I’M AWARE OF CHRISTIANITY. Go away, already!

Sorry for shouting, but it pisses me off.

I agree, although I’d like to say that I find the smug, superior uber-atheist “All religious people are brainwashed morons” type equally annoying.

Isn’t it time for a “Heathen Sluts For Jesus” post? :smiley:

I’m so tempted to make a CafePress site to sell shirts that say this.

Gabe, and it’s a great band name to boot!

Um, is there a link to this thread? I looked through GD, and couldn’t find anyone named BELIEVER18.

They were in every forum early this afternoon. They got locked fairly quickly.

Band name!

Betcha it’s the latest from Coders for Christ, those fundie geeks. :wink: