you know, Lobsang, as the son of Wen the Eternally Surprised*, I would have expected you to be able to do something about the longest hour…
*link, for those unfamiliar with the OP’s username and Discworld history
you know, Lobsang, as the son of Wen the Eternally Surprised*, I would have expected you to be able to do something about the longest hour…
*link, for those unfamiliar with the OP’s username and Discworld history
When you get three people coming in during your last hour of work and each of them gives you something that will take a half-hour, the time flies by.
[QUOTE=Swampwolf]
you know, Lobsang, as the son of Wen the Eternally Surprised*, I would have expected you to be able to do something about the longest hour…
[/QUOTE]
I’m just surprised by how easily (and hilariously) his simple mind was turned around by the MiG-15 whoosh. Geez…
ETA: you’ve always seemed like a truly nice guy and everything on these boards, Lobsang, but yeah… uh, that was a poor quote to repeatedly take seriously.
[QUOTE=thelurkinghorror]
In my last job I had to work with customers. The last customer of the day was always the one who difficult transactions or unreasonable demands, so the last ten minutes literally became a half hour.
[/QUOTE]
I always dread when the phone rings at 4:28 because that’s always going to be the person who doesn’t know what they want but they damn well better get it right now.
[QUOTE=Lumpy]
Usually, no matter how tired and sick I feel, I know I can tough out the last hour. It’s the next-to-last hour that’s really horrible. I’ve put in six hours and there are still two whole hours left to go. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
It could be worse. In 1hr 15min, I’ll have six hours in. It will only be lunch time - I’ll still have my whole afternoon to look forward to.
OTOH, I do enjoy Fri, Sat, Sun off every week.