I pit the legal community of Steubenville Ohio

His attorney has made the statement to the press that he withdrew over fears of death threats and that his sports scholarship is still available to him when he chooses to enroll again in the future.

Other reporting seemed to say that people had gone looking for him at the dorm. I can’t remember if that was from his attorney or from other sources.

I haven’t seen anything from Ohio State or reporting of statements by Ohio State that say that he was expelled. So, I tend to believe that he simply didn’t enroll in the Spring semester.

There is an effort underway to petition Ohio State to withdraw his scholarship.

Ahhh…sorry, I just repeated what I read on another site, and seeing as that is the Ohio State twitter, it made it seem like they got rid of him.

Not a problem. I definitely think that Ohio State should find another athlete to give free tuition to and I hope the public keeps up the pressure for Ohio State to withdraw his scholarship.

Then again, OSU might have pressured him out and the attorney is just blowing smoke to make his client out to be a victim. OSU has stood on ‘student confidentiality’ as a reason to only confirm if he is enrolled or not.

But, it would be a sweet irony if that 12 minute video cost him 3.5 years of tuition!

And suposedly, one of the homes was that of Jefferson County Prosecutor Jane Hanlin, but she is now denying that.

Kent State is now ‘paying attention’ to the case as part of their decision about her son’s enrollment in the fall.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/01/steubenville-rape-case-party-host/60656/

The appropriate justice is for Anonymous to hack the prosecutors’ and judge’s computers and post all of their private information for the world to diddle with, while remaining anonymous. That way they too won’t know what is happening to them when it happens to them and the world will treat them like scum forever. Karma’s a bitch, but the kind of bitch I like.

Yep. The last time a much beloved coach decided very clearly not to do the right thing and it hit the papers, it cost him his job but sadly he did not live to be prosecuted..

I would like to know the exact wording of the Oath sworn by the police and sheriff deputies in that municipality. Word for word.

Because it does appear from what I’m reading that an awful lot of cops are legally on the hook for their jobs.

Or, when you swear an oath that is a part of your job, does it not mean a thing any more?

:frowning:

Let us hope there is enough of a shit storm coming to the Sheriff to keep him running again. Or at the very least, to get him soundly defeated.

The Sherrif has stated in a TV interview that he knows who Anonymous is, who his parents are and who his relatives are and that the Anonymous who has outed the school employee’s email is not the same as the real Anonymous.

I personally, find it a bit scary for a Sheriff to feel comfortable going on a news broadcast to throw a veiled threat out against the parents and relatives of someone who (I’m assuming) is a local resident.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I certainly hope so. I hope this follows them, all of them, for the rest of their days. Focusing on that piece of shit Michael Nodianos, I hope everyone he ever comes into contact with finds and watches that video. I hope he never gets to play football again. I hope he never gets to attend the college of his choice. I hope he is never able to get the jobs he really wants because potential employers are smart enough to use Google. I hope he never gets the girlfriends and wife he’d like to have, because the smart ones all found and watched the video. I hope he has a daughter who someday finds and watches the video, to hear him say he wouldn’t care if his daughter were raped or dead, so she can find out what a piece of shit her father is. I hope his grandchildren discover the video someday and go ask their mom about it, so she can say, ‘sorry, your grandfather is a piece of shit. We didn’t choose him.’

Fuck him. Fuck all of them. Go Anonymous!

That sheriff’s a piece of work too. Such a liar, and no good at intimidation either. I had to laugh at this part of his press conference from the 4th, the same one where he called these pieces of shit “innocent children”:

laugh Sure he does, and I’m the King of Sweden. On a more sinister note though, even if he thinks “the person leading the online effort” is guilty of something, that sure sounds to me like a threat toward innocent people (mother, father, brother).

I rather hope he doesn’t have a daughter. Or for that matter a son.

Well, yeah, but if does, I hope she finds it. I hope Anonymous’s claim to “never forget” is true.

Interview of Anonymous by local TV station… has new info about DOJ involvement.

what do they got against facebook?

It’s not showing up on my iPhone. What do you mean? Who said what about Facebook? I do know that there is a fake Michael Nodianos page and “Nodi” wants everyone to know his personal details as well as all the particulars and updates in the case. “He” also wants to make sure people see the video where he shows himself to be such a piece of shit.

Is the DOJ stepping in?

I heard (no cite, I forgot where I read it) that the girl lives across the border in West Virginia and if that’s true, wouldn’t the rapists taking her from the last party and dumping her on her parent’s lawn kick the Little Lindburgh law into effect? If that’s so, I hope the FBI gets involved.

Well, he has been investigated in the past for running gambling operations and the Feds tried to prosecute him for providing protection to gambling operations in the 90s, but failed to get a conviction. If that didn’t get him voted out, I doubt this will.

The first thing that comes to mind is that the TOS doesn’t allow anonymous people (you have to associate a name to your account) and the Anonymous collective does not allow you to associate your real name to your activities.

Other than that???

I think the statement was made because there was a threat against the schools today on Facebook… the person making the threat wanted the rapists brought to a location or her (she?) would ‘start shooting’. The police locked down the schools, then determined the threat was “non-viable” then opened the schools again. Obviously, the parents were all hysterical in the 2 hours that the school was locked down and most of the kids were pulled out of school as soon as the lockdown was lifted.

KYAnonymous said he THOUGHT the DOJ may be looking into it and the WTOV9 Reported said the DOJ is now involved. Both the DOJ and the FBI are providing assistance to the case. (This also satisfies the Whitehouse.gov petition that reached 20k asking federal investigation assistance).

There is a new Whitehouse.gov petition asking for an investigation of the police/sheriff. That was just started and is only at 8k signatures.

The victim lives in WV. The parties were all in Ohio. I don’t remember where the victim was left, but it seems that I did read somewhere that she was left off at home… but not WHO left her off at her house (it could have been someone not actively involved in the rapes, who gathered her up and took her home afterwards).

I think when they started hauling her around unconscious for the purpose of raping her… that should be pretty close to kidnapping. But the attorney for the boys say that if she wasn’t objecting, then how can the boys be accused of rape. I. Shit. You. Not!

(Source: http://www.hsconnect.com/page/content.detail/id/578936/Teen-rape-case-moves-forward.html?nav=5010 – near the bottom of the article.)

The Mann Act would also apply, I should think…

Here is an example of the temperament in that county:

http://www.hsconnect.com/page/content.detail/id/526290/City-police-officer-suspended.html?nav=5010

Hopefully Anonymous involvement will give locals an alternate way to get information out to authorities (or encourage locals to provide the information that they do have), so that authorities can make another run at the law enforcement in that area.

I don’t believe any of the rape activities happened in WV. I believe IF she was taken there by the rapists, it was to drop her off at home. So, even though they did cross a state line, it wasn’t for the purpose of rape. It was for the purpose of taking her home.