I put my cat to sleep last night.

I’ve had plenty of cats in my life, and they all were members of the family, each one with their own distinct personality

Tippy, female tortiseshell with an orange tip on her tail
Sylvester, orange Manx tabby
Tigger, gray Manx tabby
Columbus, gray Maine Coon

and our two current cats;
Blue, Black/White Domestic Shorthair (not talkative at all, barely mews, but is aggresively freindly)
Nemo, Orange/White Domestic Shorthair (somewhat talkative, has a wierd fixation with water, he likes to paw water out of his bowl and stand in it while he drinks, he only likes to get his front paws wet though)

Just because they walk on four legs, have fur, and are unable to speak Human languages DOESN’T mean they’re not part of the family, they are

Sorry to hear about Zoe, she sounds like she was a valued member of the family, and will be missed

I only have one picture on my computer, and I don’t have a photobucket or flickr account. If you want I can email it to you.

Sorry about your lost mate.

My cat, Eccles, died a few weeks back so I know how you feel.

I have a new kitten who has taken over the place, you could do worse than get yourself down to the vets

Actually I have another cat, and I promised her she could have the place to herself when Zoe passed.

'Scuse me, I seem to have something in my eye.

Larry, sorry to hear about Zoe. Don’t ever think it’s silly to mourn the loss of a pet.

One of my cats is starting to slow down a lot. He gets regular checkups, and I’m keeping a close eye on his behavior. But my mind keeps shying away from when Vladimir won’t be there anymore.

I’m sorry, Larry and send you peace.

Larry, I am very sorry for your loss. Animals are the best people.

I’m so sorry for your loss. My two furballs send their condolences as well.

Seconded. There isn’t anything I can say to help you bear the pain, but I am thinking of you.

I’m so sorry for your loss, Larry. Don’t ever feel bad about mourning a beloved companion–the number of legs they walk on is irrelevant. My cats are some of my best friends in the world. I hadn’t cried as hard or as long in years as I did when I held my sweet 5-year-old Meep while the drugs took effect so the cancer wouldn’t bother her anymore. I can’t even imagine what it must be like after 18 years.

RIP, Zoe. :frowning:

I’m sorry for your loss, Larry. When you’ve lived with a cat that long, they’re definitely a part of the family.

My neighbor’s 16 YO cat decided to come into my yard to die last week. That was heartbreaking, too, especially having to call them while they were on vacation to tell them. ::sigh::

No. When I was a MeanTeenager (redundant), I thought it was silly when people mourned for their pets, and then my little terrier died, and I could not stop crying. I grew up with the little bugger, and I missed him. A lot. Pets have personalities, and they become your friends. Feel better.

I took off work the day Kitty died.

I hate that, Larry. I have had to say goodbye to a lot of pets, and it’s never easy. I have 4 of them right now, and I dread the day it will happen again.

Anyone who doesn’t understand grieving for a pet doesn’t understand love.

I’m so very sorry for your loss, Larry. I had to put my partner, teacher and best friend down in January, and I still weep for that dog from time to time.

You gave Zoe a good life, she gave you good love and it sounds like both of you thought you got the better end of the deal. That’s the most we can ever expect, and at the end you did the last good thing you could for her.

I’ve told Bitz the Wondermutt to be on the lookout and to show her around when she sees her on the other side. They’ll have a good time.

Just because they’re not human doesn’t mean they’re not “people.” Don’t ever feel like you have to apologize for loving something that can care back.

i’m sorry to hear about zoe. i had to make the tough decision twice last year. it is the most difficult thing.

{{{Larry}}}
{{{Zoe}}}
:frowning:

I’m so sorry for your loss… It’s not silly to be upset over the death of a pet; often, they’re members of our families.

My boyfriend’s expressed interest in getting a cat when we move in together. On one hand, it’d be nice to have a pet. On the other, I’m resistant - I know what it’s like to lose a pet & I’m really reluctant to go through that again.

I guess what I’m saying is, I know how you feel & I’m sorry you have cause to feel that way.

I’m so very sorry. We just lost our guys (the pooches are the guys, quats are the boys) on Thanksgiving, and though none of the words of comfort made the pain go away, they did add solace.

My deepest sympathy.