I saw a UFO today

It was a blimp. Or maybe a hallucination. Or a UFO.

What was the question?

Well, I mentioned the smaller oval shape either raised or indented on the side facing me. I’ve been thinking about whether this could be a wing. I dismissed the idea at the time, but I have to admit it’s a possibility. It didn’t look like a plane, or like anything I’ve ever seen in the sky. Who knows?

You’re right, I’m finding it very hard to describe how fast it was moving. I wish I could go back in time and take exact notes.

I can say that when I first spotted it, it was above me (not directly, but close enough). It was moving steadily. Approximately two-three minutes later, it had disappeared behind the trees at the horizon.

There is almost always wind here. Again, I failed to note the direction at the time. I feel stupid now, as that might have provided an important clue.
Also, I’ve been thinking about the glow. It was definitely a white glow against the blue sky. The glow seemed constant from the time I spotted it to the time I lost sight of it. If the glow was the reflection of the sun, shouldn’t it have varied depending on the angle?

Maybe not. I don’t know much about such things.

Actually, it does appear remarkably similar to the last one on that page. The shape is a little different, and my UFO seemed closer to me, but they are similar.

Well that is helpful. It it was that shape it does sound like a blimp except for the speed. Since you don’t know how high it was we really don’t know how big it was.

Were there clouds? Was it above, below or the same height as the clouds?

You should also realize that light, reflected or otherwise will distort the apparent shape of a distant object.

It seemed to me like it was below the clouds, but I can’t recall a specific instance of it passing over or under a cloud so I can’t be sure.

Sorry. That’s not much help.

Wind can be blowing diferent directions at different altitudes, so don’t feel stupid.

Do you have a mullet? If you do, that automatically discredits you. :wink: