I think I did something bad today.

I’m not sure what the long-term implications are of this, but I was in the local music store.

I bought the Guns 'N Roses Greatest Hits CD.
Oh …what have I done? I DIG a lot of the tunes on this CD.

–sobbing-- Oh. What…have…I …done?

Cartooniverse

It’s nothing to be ashamed about. G-n-R was one of the greatest rock bands of all-time. Now go out and guy Appetite, Lies, Use Your Illusion I & II, and The Spagetti Incident.

Play it loud. Play it proud. :wink:

buy, not guy!

:smack:

You might want to consider seeking professional help. Like, from the Stones.

I have Appetite, Lies, Illusion I and II, and the live CD that came out a couple years back.

I can’t bring myself to buy the greatest hits, but since I did shell out the bucks for the live stuff, I cannot condemn you for your weakness.

Rock on, honey. It’ll all be okay. :slight_smile: At least it wasn’t the Starland Vocal Band.

Take solace… at least it wasn’t Rat or Poison.

If you must insist on listening to hair metal, you should at least listen to a band with some talent and you did so.

I’m not sure why you think it’s not cool to like them. They’ve always been the good hair band.

Funny you should suggest them, twickster. This CD includes- for the very first time on this planet- G 'N R’s rendition of “Sympathy For The Devil”, recorded live on their infamouse 1994 " If God Is My Co-Pilot, then Satan’s Serving Snacks In Coach" World Tour.

I thought Ratt was spelled with two “t”‘s? And I didn’t say it’s not cool, I just…well… it’s a serious departure in my musical tasts, but one I am enjoying. The lady next to me at the traffic light as I was rockin’ out to “Paradise City” may not have enjoyed it, but what the heck.

:smiley:

Yeah…I’m into my snobby little indie bands, but Guns ‘n’ Roses remain totally cool in my book. Appetite for Destruction is a quintessential rock record. One of the best hard rock albums of all time, IMHO. Use Your Illusion I & II I’m not so hot on, but Appetite rulez!

I have Illusion I. I love it, and it lives quite happily among my other CDs, which range from alternative to opera.

Ditto! I bought this album when it first came out and wore out the cassette. I’ve had it on CD since then and I still never get tired of listening to it.

Huh. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of someone owning just one of the Use Your Illusions. You either have both, or you have neither.

That’s a genuine first.

Really? Have I broken the mold? Shall I conform or be shunned? :eek:

I bought it too. It was $9.99 at Best Buy and I couldn’t help myself. Now I can crank it up whilst living my rock and roll lifestyle, like when I’m doing dishes or folding the laundry.

me three!

Might be the first release of the live version, but the Sympathy was on the Interview With A Vampire soundtrack. Just… FYI.

Hey, at least it wasn’t Stryper.
shudder

Uh…that was an attempt at sarcasm, which obviously failed miserably. You are correct, badomen. The cut on the CD is from Interview With A Vampire.

That is precisely the reason that I still own some of my more embarrassing late 80’s glam albums. It’s great housecleaning music. :slight_smile: