I think the pandemic has made everybody a little bit crazy

Yeah, this is the part that’s making me insane. I’ve been doing everything I can to limit my exposure to COVID, and thus also limit the spread in the community, even before masks and social distancing became official policies. It’s watching the assholes do everything they can to make all that effort a complete waste that’s really pissing me off.

And this week is just the topper. Here in Ottawa, we have all the idiots from the rest of the country in town causing shit because they don’t want to do anything to help anyone else out. Huge portions of my city are being held hostage by the biggest assholes in our society, and the police are just letting them do it.

So what was the fucking point? Might as well just start licking doorknobs…

Bravo! I couldn’t agree with you more.

It’s weird how many people got involved in the fight, considering how few had a steak in the outcome.

Maybe 30+ years ago Bill Moyers made the observation that we’ve become less citizens and more consumers. That’s resonated with me.

What few understand is that the losers get a Golden Corral steak.

Well, that’s partially correct. They’re going to round up the unvaccinated and serve them possets. A sweet, creamy dessert always calms everyone down. :wink:

I’ve never understood why we keep treating these people who don’t care if they kill with kid gloves. These are the same people who applaud anti-riot tactics, so use them. Arrest the biggest offenders and charge them with negligent manslaughter.

Stop acting like it’s the antisocial people that society needs most to protect.

My take is that now that all the moronic asshole narcissists in the country have seen one of their own elected president, they suddenly feel that they have the right to be assholes and be proud.

I can sort of understand the cops not wanting to move in with force the first two days, because there were about 8000 of these assholes, and it was a safe bet they’d burn shit down if confronted.

But now they’re down to about 300 hard core assholes. The only reason they’re still a problem is that they’ve got big-assed trucks blocking a bunch of streets. Now, the cops could arrest the lot of them if they wanted to. Go block by block, establish local superiority of force, and tell them, “We can tow your truck while you watch quietly, or you can get in our way, get arrested, and then watch us tow your truck.” The only limiting factor I can see is the availability of tow trucks.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Rant {To be modified}