I thought I was fucked but it turns out I'm doing the fucking.

I’m with NurseCarmen - crib sheets??

Naturally. We were allowed them all the time in EE. You weren’t expected to memorize all of the formulas, since in real life you would have them there. The problem was figuring out how to use the damn things.

After reading his notes, I’m surprised he only took two points off. My man, you should have seen sol[sup]a[/sup. After what she did last night, all predictions of area were too high.

Maybe it’s meant to be sol[sup]n[/sup] - as in “See solution” - has he released or does he plan to release an answers guide for people to check their marks against?

Well there’s your problem. You used metric, such an arcane unit of measurement.

Um … I guess I don’t feel so bad about having to write five pages about the elided female voice in post-colonial South African literature.

::I wept because I had no shoes. Then I met a man who was studying to be a biomedical engineer.::

I did this for one of my Government classes. I had to do a paper on St. Agustin and the just war theory, which I started at 8pm on the night before it was due.

I could have sworn that half the paper was either incoherent babbling or the lyrics to “war what is it good for”. I got a B+, which is pretty good for incoherent babbling.

That’s obviously what you take with you when you can only remember things in your sleep :slight_smile:

I mean St. Augustine of course.

I had several college courses (in Spain) where we were allowed crib sheets for the problem-solving part. They would be checked by the proctors to make sure they included only “allowed” materials (i.e., only the formulas and not usage examples or instructions about when to use each one).

For biochemistry, we had to prepare a diagram with every methabolic reaction we’d seen, using a DINA2 piece of paper (4 DINA4 stuck together worked fine). We had to use it as our crib sheet and hand it in at the end, it was worth 10% of the grade. I prepared mine with a friend and the professor gave us extra points because - we were the first people who’d thought of using* both sides!*

Congrats. It is a strange truism that people who realy worry about exams results after completing an exam are usualy in the top 15 percentile results.

Crib sheets are often allowed in engineering courses. They don’t expect students to remember ALL the formulas and constants involved in the course, and in the “real world” an engineer would have access to books with the formulas or constants. A lot of my professors also felt that it’s a good way to force students to study. It makes you review the concepts and determine which formulas are important to have with you for the exam.

Congrats bouv!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, good job. Now pass a little of that ju-ju this way, would you? I’ve got two big papers coming up…

Congrats! Sounds like you did good! :slight_smile:

Good job, see, procrastination really does pay off.

Just remember, you can usually get some credit if you include surface area, hydrogen bonding, or divine intervention in your answer.

SA and Hydrogen bonding seem to be a key to just about anything, and well, who can argue with divine intervention?..

Nice!

Oh, and for those who care:

c=1,802,617,499,785.254 furl/ftnt

Hi Mom! :wink:

Hmmm…I bet it does mean see solution…in some weird, twisted, makes-sense-to-the-professor way. And IIRC, he has it posted online…but apparantly not yet.

But I did find out something amusing. In my cardiovascular phys. class, we have half a dozen instructors, all teaching about different aspects (one was diffusion and permeability, one was ion channels (good GOD doesx that stuff sucks ass), one was an intro to pharmacology, and one just started on muscle mechanics.) My biomechanics classes is taught primarily by one professor, but has about three guest lecturers doing anywhere from one to four classes each. And one of the segments in the biomechanics class is on muscles and yes, it’s taught by the same guy teaching me about muscle in the physiology class.

Heh.

Easy for you to say. I bet you have Mow’s book right in front of you.

Congratulations bouv that was a righteous smack down.

Well, if you’d like, I’ll post Mow’s equation 8 in chapter 5:

E=σ/ε=(P/A)/[(L-L[sub]0[/sub])/L[sub]0[/sub]]