I voted today.

I voted today in Kentucky’s statewide races, maintaining my perfect 100% voting record (2 primaries, 2 generals). So yay for me, and yay for soon-to-be-governor-elect Steve Beshear!

So who else supporteed democracy today?

Hey, well, me too! I suspect Beshear will win handily. At least I hope so.

I voted! Down with R-67!

I voted! For Mayor Don, w00t!!

I hope he wins. I see a lot of signs for the other candidate (my guy is the incumbent)…I’m sure he’s a nice fellow and all but what this city needs is to NOT have a new mayor who’s gonna take 4 years to get the ball rolling. Mayor Don has his shit together now and he can keep the momentum up!

I voted for the first time at my new residence in NC. After a lifetime of filling out ballots in Chicago that sometimes included 100+ judicial retentions and umpteen assorted offices, it was weird being handed a ballot that only showed Mayor (Choose one of two). Town Council (Choose four of seven), and School Board (Choose four of five). I got there at 9am, two and a half hours after the polls opened, and I was the 79th person in my district to vote.

I voted. Did anyone else have to vote on the question regarding the removal of the word “idiot” from the constitution?

–FCOD

We vote tomorrow in the provincial election. In my riding, there will be four candidates on the ballot for one position: member of the provincial legislative assembly.

The ballot will be paper, which we will mark with a pencil and deposit in the ballot box. Pretty simple.

Haven’t made it yet, but the polling place is like nine feet from my front door so I’ll stop by after work.

Build more parking in SF… Pfft.

There were no elections in my county today, but that didn’t prevent me from being subjected to several months of nasty attack ads from races in a nearby state. :frowning:

My county recently adopted the vote center concept, and this election was the first to employ the system. Satellite centers were open at selected supermarkets, churches, and assisted-living facilities for the last couple of weeks. Some of these early-option polling places were only available for a few hours on one particular day, while others operated for several days.

However, all were available to any registered voter residing in Tippecanoe County, as were the twenty or so centers open today. In previous years, I had cast my ballot at the art museum. Since that site was no longer one of the choices, I opted to visit the Lafayette Municipal Building (aka City Hall). The only races in which I had a voice were for mayor; ward councilman; council at large (select up to 3 of the 4 candidates, all but one of whom are Democrats); and city clerk (unopposed, so I didn’t bother to touch the screen next to Cindy’s name).

It will be interesting to see if the elimination of the traditional “either vote absentee, or wait 'til Election Day and go to your precinct polling place” model meets the stated goal of increasing turnout. I do know that one woman who had arrived a few minutes before I did was angry that her screen had somehow “crashed” while she was voting, and that her ballot had thus been voided, but she would not be allowed to cast another one.

Just checked the SOS website - no elections in my locality.

Brian

I voted as well. But there was little on the ballot I cared about. I left a lot of it blank.

I ran over a facist dog on the way to work.

I just got back from voting. 3 or 4 judges’ races, one county levy, our local library levy, vote for 3 of 4 candidates for city council and 2 of 3 for school board. Oh and our mayor ran unopposed. I think that was it. I had to wait a couple minutes to sign in, but other than that, no waiting. I was in and out in about 5 minutes.

GT

I was walking my dog, in the cold, windy morning. We vote at the school, a couple of blocks away. We walked over to the school so I could kid around with the last-minute campaigners. “I’ll have to come back later. I can’t take her in there, she’s too young to vote, and she doesn’t have a picture ID.” One lady’s sweatshirt urged me to vote for an independant, “Roofer Bob” Jozwiak. She offered to hold my little dog while I voted.

I really hadn’t decided how to vote for mayor. My party’s man says he doesn’t believe in the global market, so he was out. The incumbent has been dashing all over the planet trying to get companies to come to Anderson, and he’s gotten some to come here from Switzerland, Isreal, and China. However, he personally delayed the building of a new shelter for victims of domestic violence by several months. The delay cost them thousands of dollars, in a period when materials costs were rising weekly. Grrr.

Standing in line, I said, “what the hell, I’ll vote for Roofer Bob.” He has only a snowball’s chance, but I couldn’t vote for those other two guys.

Had I realized that I was not going to be rewarded with a shiny, new “I VOTED!” sticker, I don’t know if I would have bothered. Without stickers, what’s the point?

We didn’t have any elections, just one question that would allow the opening of a harness race track with slot machines and gambling-bingo on some Indian reservation, one that would extend maximum term lengths from 8 years to 12 years for legislators, and three other questions all on budget issues.

It’s always easy. Show up, state your name if the old woman doesn’t recognize you, she crosses your name off the list, you get a ballot and a pen, fill it out (right there on the banquet table if you like, otherwise there’s a curtained off area around the corner), then give it to a second old woman who then tallies it into her total. Probably took less than a minute.

There’re also two additional old women who will register you if you neglected to do so until voting day, and yet another handling some sort of raffle that I did not wish to take part in. I have come to the conclusion that the government is controlled by old women.

Outside the door is a mudroom filled with mostly scruffy looking boys in their mid-20s collecting signatures for various and sundry things, hoping to get enough to be questions on the next ballot. Had this been an election year, in the other (entrance) mudroom, you would have been blessed with one of the fringe candidates standing there wanting to shake your hand and remind you of their name. My very favorite was when I met Thu PeoPle’s Hero - Phillip Morris NaPier when he was running for governor.

I did not. I feel kind of bad, since it’s the first election I’ve missed. On the other hand, I don’t know enough to make an informed decision, so I should probably stay out of it.

I voted today despite the fact that the election in my locality (Astoria, Queens, New York City) was total bullshit.

In the election for the only office of any importance that was on the ballot this time (District Attorney), the incumbent ran on the Democratic, Republican and Conservative lines.

There were also a few judgeships up. Aside from the fact that I don’t believe judges should be elected, the candidates for judgeships in New York City are handpicked by the party (usually Democratic, but if the Republicans have any presence in the district, they work it out) and almost always run unopposed.

We didn’t have an election in our district.

Some part of Sacramento had to vote on whether or not to combine 3 school districts into one. Honestly, it seems like a waste to have a separate election just for that. I doubt many people showed up.