I wish my husband were a Doper

Ditto. My wife actually reads the Dope every bit as much as I do, although she isn’t nearly as prolific a poster (mainly because she believes the workplace is for working – silly woman). But we definitely share thread links with one another, and are often amused when we run across a thread thinking, “Oh my God, he/she HAS to see this!” only to find out as we’re perusing it that the other has already posted within. It’s a good life. :smiley:

Funnily enough, my SO thinks the same. :slight_smile:

Aye, very much so. For example the other day, I saw the Cafe Society thread about the film Sunshine that the SO and I saw together some time ago. I read the thread thinking I should post my views on the film, only to find he’d already done it, and included all the comments I made to him at the time! :smiley:

Oh, god, no. She’s the one that I mostly vent about here. Heh, she’d never last around here anyway, though. She frequently gets facts very wrong, and doesn’t admit she’s wrong. She does like to argue, though. She’d drive all y’all crazy if she showed up here.

My husband’s not a Doper either - I don’t think he’s ever been to this board. Which is just as well, because his spelling is atrocious, he frequently agrees with Bill O’Reilly*, and he likes to argue for the sake of arguing. He’d be banned in a week.

[sub]*He has many, many excellent qualities. Really.[/sub]

Yup, that’s exactly it…and the eyebrow line made me hoot and wince simultaneously. I think I sprained something. :smiley:

My brain never brings ME souvenirs. In fact, it takes stuff I put into it previously and goes out and LOSES it. Stupid brain.

Hmmm. I’ve told my wife I visit a few boards, but she said she has no interest in it as long as I’m behaving (I try to tell her "With this face honey, nobody wants me anyway. Let’s face it: you’re Stuck with me). She has boards she visits re: Disney & cruises. I don’t check up on her, she doesn’t check up on me (that I know of). She’d draw a line in the sand over me meeting people in real life, so I’ve bowed out of Dopefests per se.

As for family, her family wouldn’t care & my family, if they did care, wouldn’t be such asses to us (or might actually call us other than when they want something).

Heh. You know what my husband asked me night before last? If anybody on “the internet” ever tried to pick me up. I told him no, beyond some light-hearted flirting or compliments, nobody’d ever said anything inappropriate, 'cause everybody everywhere I go knows I’m disgustingly happily married. :stuck_out_tongue: He liked that answer.

What if she comes, too? Cause she’s always welcome - not that I live anywhere near you!

Bolding mine.

How do you get disgustingly happily married. I tried that and found it was a misdemeanor in 43 states and a felony in four. :wink:

SSG Schwartz

ETA: I see you are from Florida, check with a lawyer on your state of disguistingness

[channeling Christopher Walken as The Continental ]

You look so very beautiful tonight… come and sit here next to The Continental.

[ / channeling Christopher Walken as The Continental ]

:smiley:

He didn’t ask if you got violated by a squid online, right? Um…cause…

sound of splashing in the not so distant background

That’s awesome

My husband is a dope!

Oh, wait - Dope-ER. No he isn’t a doper. And he wouldn’t understand anyway. But I do talk about y’all to him. He just doesn’t understand. He’s kind of a luddite. :smiley:

Hee! That’s funny, Cartooniverse! (I’ll always remember the fun we had in the Boids thread…)

:eek:

I, also, will be borrowing this phrase and employing it at every available opportunity.