I woke up in a different city!

When I went to bed last night, I was in Redmond, WA. But when I woke up, I was in Sammamish, WA.

Our fair city became officially incorporated at midnight last night.

It’s funny, having lived in Massachusetts where the towns have signs that say “incorporated 1636” to think our town will say “incorporated 1999”.

That’s all. Just had to share. I’ve lived in lots of towns that were new to me, but never in one that was new to the world.

Where in Redmond Leslie? I live in redmond also, but I’m still in redmond.

To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion.

I probably ought to give a little more detail here, lest you all start thinking that Microsoft headquarters are now in Sammamish. I lived in the unincorporated part of Redmond, also known as the Redmond Plateau. So our mailing address was Redmond but the cops and fire didn’t actually come out this way.

Redmond, WA still exists. It’s just that now Sammamish, WA is the new city right next to it.

Hey, Burn me up, I just missed your post. You’re in Redmond? How are things back in Redmond? I used to live there, y’know. :wink:

No offense, Leslie, but that is the most boring way to wake up in another city I have ever heard of :wink:

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

I agree. But if I’d titled this thread “Incorporation of Sammamish, WA” not nearly as many people would read it!

Leslie-
I saw that teaser on KING 5 this morning! What happened why’d they seperate from redmond?

Redmond is great, now that we got rid of all you deadbeats we’re having a festival every day at Redmond Town Center! With free food and booze, and a parade and live music, local’s only of course!

It is nice to see some Eastern Washignton people here. A while ago I asked if there were any and got 0 responses!

To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion.

[quote]
It is nice to see some Eastern Washignton people here. A while ago I asked if there were any and got 0 responses!

[QUOTE]

You’re joking, right? Redmond and Sammamish are practically suburbs of Seattle.

Frankie, the short answer is: for a bit of autonomy. It sucks being “unincorporated” as far as amenities are concerned (fire, police, etc.).

The long answer can be found at: http://www.sammamish.net

I know how that is. I used to live in a place with an Elburn fire department, a Sugar Grove post office, and part of the Kaneville school district. Any town within 20 miles had some sort of claim.

“Eppur, si muove!” - Galileo Galilei